Chapter 21

Night fell in silence as we laid in wait. Our plan was that Tony stayed behind to keep watch. It was going to be me but I was able to convince them to let me go and not Tony.

Lennox was the bronze, as Tony had put it, of our plan. Joel was our escape and well me. I was to get Marine and get out.

But what was really going to happen, was to get Joel and my brother through the portal with the child. And I was to stay. It was me he wanted. And I knew that swine would come back for them if I didn't.

"Are you ready," Tony asked me patting my shoulder.

"Yes," I took a deep breath.

"If you're not back in twenty mins, I'm going in. I have men surrounding the area. If that son of a bitch thinks he is getting away, his not."

"Thank you, Tony," I smiled weakly. "But," I frowned, "you must promise me that if something happens, you will get Joel and his daughter out of here."

"What are you saying?"

"You must promise me that."

"Of course. But-"

"If anyone is left behind, you will not come back," I firmly said.

"What the fuck are you talking about- do you mean-"

I nod my head, "I am to stay behind."

"No, you're staying here. I'm going in."

"You can't. It's me he wants. I have seen him. He's a man who doesn't let his prey live. If something happens I am to be plan B. My life for theirs."

"The fuck," she muttered.

"Don't tell! You must not tell. You mustn't."

"Olivia you-"

"Please, I'm asking as a friend."

"Friends don't let friends do stupid shit," she replied.

"Well, this time you must let your friend do stupid shit. Just this once."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know you will not stop me. And I know that he will not kill me," I paused for a moment, muttering, "not now that is."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you need information and he needs someone to study on."

I knew well of what I was asking. I knew well that Tony needed and only I could provide it. But there was a good, very good, chance that I would die and she wouldn't get the information she was to collect.

Tony laughed before resting her hand on her hips, "I can't believe I'm thinking about this." She sighed, "do you know what your asking?"

"I do,"I smiled lightly.

"I can't promise you that you will live."

"I know."

"It doesn't have to be this way. To tell the truth what your asking me is the stupidest thing I have ever heard."

"I know," I almost laughed at the truth of her words.

"Why?" she asked shaking her head.

"If it comes down to it and Joel's plan doesn't work. I will be plan B. I know what he wants."

"You stupid," she replied. "If it comes down to it, you have 24 hours and I'm coming in for you. So you better live, damn it. I don't want to hear smack about this from the boss."

"So you will-"

"Look," she put her hand up, "I can see it in your eyes. Even if I left you here, you would just go in here like a dumbass. I can see you already made up her mind. Not only that, you stupid enough to tell me. Not only that Joel doesn't know that it's you who the fuckup wants."

My smiled slowly fainted, "Yes, I'm aware."

"He is going to be so pissed," Tony pinched the bright of her nose, "Both of them are."

"Thank you, Tony."

"Don't thank me, bitch. Not yet."

"Then I will see you soon."

"Fuck me in the ass," Tony whispered, looking at the night sky with worry in her eyes.

I felt the weight on my shoulders had finally lifted. This secret that I kept to myself up until know was gone. I know felt like I could do this without no regret.

Thank you, Tony. I said to myself with a smile.

"Stupid bitch," Tony muttered to herself.