Chapter 11

Waking up to the sun on my face I rolled out of my tree behind the house and landed smack on to the earth.

With a groan I spread and flexed my wings to make sure I didn't injure them in someway.

Lifting my body of the ground I scratched the back of my head and took a deep breath; taking in all the smells of the forest. The smell of the air. Fresh pine, sunshine, and. . . jasmine?

"You must be Olivia Moore," a thick husky woman's voice spoke from behind me.

Spinning my head around a woman of five foot seven, long black hair and dark chocolate eyes stared at me. She looked to have been a very serious woman who doesn't play around.

"I'm Tony, from WDA. Edea sent me," the woman crossed her arms.

"Yes," I said a little happy. Standing up I extending out my hand to shake her's.

Taking my hand into hers; she never once smiled. "I couldn't bring the car into the woods so we have to walk. Will that be a problem," she announced then glanced down beside me. Following her gaze there was a blue cool, "your meal. Edea said you will need to feed once I got to you. Eat and we'll leave."

Doing as she asked I got into the cooler and pulled out a bag on O positive. Taking my fangs into the bag I watched the woman before me. With her back to me she stared at the house.

Did she not want to watch me feed? It was understandable. I would do the same if I was her.

"Olivia!" A cheerfully child's voice sang. Coming out of the of the house in a small apron, Marine smiled waving a fork in her hand. "It's time to-" she froze at the sight of Tony. While Tony stared down at the child. "Are you- are you leaving," she child spoke softly as if she was ready to cry.

Popping my fangs out of the bag, I throw the empty bag in the cooler, whipping my mouth; hoping I had nothing on my face. "I will soon. Um. . . This is Tony." I tried to smile but I nearly coughed.

"Are these the witches Edea spoke about?" Tony asked never leaving her eyes off the child.

Without answering her, "Marine where's your father?"

"Inside, why are you leaving? Can't you stay? I thought-" the child cut herself off and ran inside.

"Marine!" I gave chance following her into the kitchen finding her father Joel siting down with nothing but sweatpants and a messy hair do like he just got up.

"Daddy what did you do!" the child screamed slamming the fork on the table making me jump.

Running his fingering through his hair, he yawned and scratched his stomach with his other hand. "What is it now I put the toilet set down this morning."

"Not that! What did you do to Olivia!"

"Nothing, trust me. I haven't done a thing to the vampire."

"Then why is she leaving?" she yelled.

"Because she can't stay."

"Why?"

"Humans and vampire can't be together," he said leaning into the table crossing his arms on the it.

I wanted to tell him how wrong he was but there was more to what Joel wasn't telling his daughter. It was clear to what it was. But she didn't know. How could she know such a thing. She's so young.

"I want her to stay!" the child stomped her foot down on the wooden floor.

"Marine," he warned.