Chapter 14

I followed close behind Tony's car. Joel was sitting beside Tony in the passenger seat, looking out the window.

You could see the concern and worry on his face but most of all fear. The Marnie was all he had. And Joel was all she had.

Tony slowed down into a right turn and stopped the car. I landed down next to the driver seat as she rolled down the window.

"In a couple of miles, there's a small city. Lennox will meet us on the south side at a hotel. I'm going to need you to hold back until I can sneak you in." Nodding my head I jumped in the backseat of the car. Adjusting myself so I was more comfortable in the car.

Joel turned around in his seat and said, "Don't you Vampires have mind control or something?"

"We can but I have never done it," I replied back.

Joel looked away and folded his arms. He looked like a child but yet he didn't at the same time. He had a face the could kill and he was ready to fight to the death if he had too. And he would.

"And who is this Lennox person?"

"One of the best damn agents we have on the force. Don't worry, we'll find the fucker who took your little girl," Tony assured him.

"I hope so," Joel muttered looking back at the window.

The rest of the ride was quite while Tony took us to this hotel. Take the car she parted to the darkest side of the parking lot. Turning off the car she turned to look both Joel and me.

"This is how it's going to go down. Olivia, you stay until I give the okay. And you," she snapped her head a Joel, looked him up and down; making a bit annoyed, "are coming with me. Leaving you to here will be a problem."

"Good idea," he didn't even hesitate at say the comment before opening the door, stepping out and slamming the door behind him.

Tony and I looked at each other, "I wonder what it's going to be like when he finds out that Lennox is a vampire."

"Don't worry. My brother will stay in the shadows. Now go, I'll wait," I smiled.

Tony meet and followed Joel around the building to the front leaving me by myself.

Taking a deep breath and letting it go. I opened the car door and let myself out. Flexing my wings. I bent my legs and jumped, flying up to the roof of the building. Landing on the roof. I sat on the edge of the building letting my feet dangling. There was nothing much to see but trees. Trees and an empty parking lot filled with cars.

Of little that I knew about the human world. Thing indeed changed. Everything was different. So different I could hardly believe it.

Women looked like men and worked. Not to mention that humans can live longer than before so women of the age of thirteen no longer married and had children. Well, our father didn't like the idea of younglings having children at that age. That or he didn't want to let us go.

I smiled at the thought of my father telling my sisters and me about boys. 'They were nothing but trouble' he would say 'and none of my daughters are being given to no unworthy male.'

And my mother would say 'Sweetheart, our daughters will soon be women. They will what to have a family of their own. You can't do that to Elizabeth and Helena."

Frowning, I realized my mother didn't see me having a family of my own. She was too scared for me. Living in those times of witch-hunting and- these wings. It was most likely that my sibling would have a family and not I.

Glazing at my wings and turned away quickly wishing I never had them. I couldn't hind them. Unlike my sibling. They would live a normal life and never have to fear that they will be discovered.

That's right, I could never have such a gift.

Even if Joel could be my soul mate. It would never work. We couldn't go on dates like normal couples. I could never sleep or share a bed without feeling uncomfortable because of my wings.

But who am I kidding? He doesn't even like me. He is even trying to bring his wife back and when he does she will be like me. A vampire. But at least they could go out and share the bed. They could live a normal life. They could do things I could only dream of.

Hearing the sound of a whistle and knowing it was Tony. I got up and flew down towards the window. And let myself in the help of Tony as she to my hand and let me slowly come into the window without damaging them.

Once I was settled into the somewhat same room, I looked at my brother. "Lennox," I smiled.

"Olivia," he replied back. We embraced with open arms. Holding each other he was gentle, trying not to use his strength. It was known that my brother had more strength than any vampire. Not to mention he was the spitting image of our father.

"It's been long," I say.

"Yes," he pulled, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked.

"No," I replied back.

"I thought were here to save my daughter," Joel nearly yelled. My brother and I looked at him. Joel was annoyed and . . . was that jealous in his eyes? No, I'm wrong. It wouldn't be so.

"Your right, br- Lennox," I tried not using the word brother in front of Joel. I didn't know why I didn't know why I didn't want to. But I felt the need not to tell him that his man before us was my own blood. "What information do you have?"

"Very little," he said looking at me.

"Then what good is 'very little'!" Joel yelled stepping forwards to my brother. Joel was nothing like my brother. He looked smaller in front of my brother. From the height to the muscle, Joel could not compare to my brother.

"Enough," my brother stepped forward.

"Alright you too," Tony said getting in the middle. "What the hell is your problem Joel? If you can't get your shit together your ass is off the case and Lennox will be more than happy to send to HQ while we find your daughter.

"Got it," Joel glared at Tony before pulling back and making his way to the other side of the room.

"Lennox?" Tony finally said breaking the silences.

"For the last two days, we found sighting's on Melantha."

"What is she doing here?" I asked horrified which had alerted Joel when he spun on his heel with folded arms but say anything. "Is she connected?"

Lennox sighed, "Yes. We found her with Dr. Stein and it looks like they are working together."

The last we heard of Melantha was when Edea was found at death's door. Melantha was working for my father in making what Connor Wolff thought was an army of vampires. For what reason, I have no idea. While being with my father in his last days all he wanted was his family back but Melantha had other plans. None of knew what it was but I had expected that Helena knew. And she was to own it too.

"Where was their last location?" Tony asked.

"East, beyond the Mountie. I think that's where they are heading? I already have men on the Mountie and waiting for them to call in."

"Damn," Tony muttered shaking her head.

"What does that mean?" Joel asked looking at all of us.

"It means we wait," Tony answered him.

"We know their direction, why not go now?"

"They're smart, if they know we are on their trail the mission is a bust."

"Fuck!" he yelled turning around and kicking the nightstand. Turning in half circles he ran his hand trough his hair then walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Tony yelled after him.

"Getting some air!" he yells back.

Not being able to handle the small room anymore I made my way to the window. "I'm getting some air too," I said silently thanking my brother for not stopping me.

"Olivia-," Tony called out in disbelief.