Chapter 17

I woke with a painful headache and an aching back. Slowly lifting myself off the cold dirt, I flexed my wings to only fall back onto the cold dirty that seemed to welcome me in its embrace. With a painful gasp, I turned my head slightly to find that I was in a narrow ditch.

I couldn't remember much as to what had happened other than that I had closed my eyes and felt nothing but my body banging against a few things on the way down.

Picking myself up once more, I ignored the stabbing pain in my back and was able to sit upright. Gentle bragging myself over to the dirt wall, I leaned against it, taking deep breaths. I had glanced at my left wing, it some how completely bent upright; the bone snapped. I couldn't do anything about the wing but stare at it in disbelief. I had only fallen into a small ditch, and yet I broke my left wing.

How unfortunate.

Looking over to my right, Joel laid flat on his face down in the dirt. His back slowly risen up and down, showing me he was still breathing. I sighed in relief as it had escaped my parted lips. He was alright. I wish I could say the same for me.

Glancing up, the mix of orange and pink filled the sky revealing sunrise. How long had we been out, I asked myself looking back at Joel, who began to stern.

Joel, let out a painful groan as he lifted his head. "What happened?"

"We fell into a ditch," I sighed, moving my body upwards to change positions.

"What time is it?" He then asks getting up on his knees.

"Sunrise," I groaned feeling a pinch in my wing. Trying not to show any pain, I stood up and glanced back up, "Do you have any ideas how to get out?"

He stared at me, with cold eyes and I didn't have to look at him to know it either. "Your wing," was the only thing he said.

"It's narrow for me to fly out of," I responded, knowing well what he truly he meant.

"That's not what I-"

"I know what you meant," I quickly said trying not to groan, "and there is nothing you can do. We should just find away out first."

I made my way over the dirt wall, the wall was wet and was too slippery to climb. Touching the dirt with my fingers. There was no way we're getting out of here by climbing. Not to meant, flying out of here was not happening. Not with my broken wing.

Snapping my head towards Joel, I didn't realize he walked over to me? "Are you hurt?" I asked in a whisper, I didn't mean to, but he surprised me. He was close. Too close.

"No," his eyes stared into mine. Those eyes, they looked at me in away, I couldn't understand. It was as if they were trying to tell me something but he covered them with a mask. Was he afraid? Why? Did he feel our bond?

His eyes flicked to my one wing, "It's dislocated, let me help-"

"Why?" I asked. Did he feel it? The bond? Excitement ran down my spine. This whole time he was pushing me away and here he was, seeing me injured like before. Did he feel our bond then too? Was, me being a vampire change your mind in what we are? What, we were meant to be?

"You're no use to me broken," he growled. "If what you say about this man, about him wanting something better. Then I need you to take my daughter and take her somewhere else."

What was he saying? "You're trusting me with your offspring?"

He laughed, "For only a short period of time. And once I'm free, I'm coming back for my daughter, and if something happens to her in your care. I'll kill you." he swore.

I smiled trying not to laugh, "You don't have to worry about that. Your daughter is in safe hands," because she would be in yours. You should never have to worry about your offspring be away from you again after we get her back, Joel.

Joel gave me a hard nod and extended his hand out to me. "Let's get out of here and heal your wound."

Hesitant, I place my hand over his warm one. Shivers ran done my spine and up. I found myself looking up in his eyes, so warm, so loving. My heart pounded, hard, against my ribcage, "Yes," I said weakly.

I'm sorry about the wait. I had a bad storm where I was and had to Wifi for some time, Also I had a hard time how to end the chapter. I wanted to send something out as soon as possible. Anyway more normal updates are between Saturday-Monday. If I didn't update anything thing during those times it means I'm updating later in the weak or next week. From late June to late August is the time of year I get a little lazy on updates. 

BIG NEWS! Look out of for the sneak peek of the REWRITE of DON'T SAY NO in the Don't Series Book Club. I will be releasing the book in December. The original book of Don't Say No will still be up. The Sneak Peek of the Rewrite will be out next week on 8/4/17.