Chapter 11- The proposal part 2

I do not own Percy Jackson and the olmpians and i deffinitly do not own Heroes of Olympus but i would love to. :) Rick riordan owns it.

HOW DO YOU MAKE DEDICATIONS?????????

Paul

Now I was officially freaked out, how did he show up here? On the day that I proposed to Sally really that’s just my luck! How can I compete with the father of her child that is stronger, handsomer, better, old boyfriend that got lost at sea did I mention that I am screwed? I went to the corner and sat down I forced a calm expression but on the inside I was freaking out, Percy was looking at me cautiously then he decided to speak.

“listen dad, I know this is hard for you. But you know who will never let this happen, mom has moved on so should you, you have a wife, dad look she obviously loves you but not in that way anymore. She likes Paul, please listen to me and go back home, you’ve freaked them out enough for a lifetime.” He finished. Wait a minuet Poseidon was married, why was he after Sally then? A story tugged at the back of my mind from when I used to teach history. Something about the Greek god Poseidon how he had a wife named Amphitrite but that story was no help here, there was no such thing as gods. I had no idea where that story came from but then as soon as I thought it came flying out of my mouth like a rocket.

“your wife’s name wouldn’t happen to be Amphitrite would it” Percy looked shocked and Poseidon looked at me curiously

“she is my queen, but she is nothing compared to Sally” those words seemed to have some meaning how carefully he used the word queen like trying to get an idea in my head without being noticed by the other two in the room. I snuck a glance at Sally who was Paralyzed she met my eyes then she turned away to look at Percy an understanding passed between them.

“Paul why don’t I take you outside, we can start the bonfire. I’m sure mom would like to talk about something with my dad” he stretched and walked over to me sticking out his hand he pulled me up out of the chair and ushered me outside. We took a walk on the beach for a little bit looking for bits of driftwood.

“listen Paul I just want you to know that Sally wont chose my dad over you, she loves you. Poseidon will just have to accept that” I nodded my brain was working furiously trying to get up the nerve to ask him something.

“Percy….. there has been something bugging me for a while now and I just wanted to, well ask you about it”

He frowned but nodded in a go on gesture

 “ is there something that you’re not telling me about you. I mean when we were playing basketball at john jay there was that old lady that disappeared and then at my school with the cheerleaders and setting the band room on fire. Then there was that time during school where you skipped because you’re dog that I have never seen before in all the times I have been to your house, came into the school. Then the time when you skipped school because you didn’t feel to well and I saw you shooing away crows in the yard with some girl…..” He stopped me there.

“Paul, my friend well sort of is deathly allergic to um birds so I had to help her shoo them off then take her to the hospital, then um the dog is um well it stays at my dads place with my half-brother Tyson. Then the old lady I have no idea what happened to her she was trying to chase me though maybe a car hit her.” He said hopefully I decided to drop it. We picked up wood in silence after that and by the time we returned to the cabin Sally was at the stove making something.

“where’s Poseidon?” I asked

“I convinced him to go back to his wife” she said simply. With that she pulled out a try of blue cookies from the oven and put them on the table where Percy attacked them. I was going to ask some more questions about Poseidon leaving like that (not that I wanted him to stay) but I was curious. But Sally bustled over to me and kissed me on the check and whispered in my ear

“I can’t wait to be your wife” she smiled that warm smile that i loved. So I hugged here and sat down next to Percy, I grabbed a cookie and sighed contently. I felt like the happiest man in the world right now, and I could care less if Poseidon was jealous because Sally was mine and she always would be.