33.

⤚ Planning, intense planning ⤙

Araya

"I think my mom is slowly catching on." I told Storm as we sat in the cafeteria together. "What makes you think that?" Storm asked as she took a bite of the taco she had gotten for lunch.

"Well when the insurance guy came out to look at Akiya's car we told him it was a bear. A really angry one who decided our car would be the target for it's anger." I told her. Storm nodded at that as she took a sip of her drink before looking at me.

"A bear, did they believe you?" Storm asked. "Well the insurance guy did." I said. "Is Akiya getting his car fixed?" Storm asked. "Yeah it's at the repair shop they're replacing the passenger door, wind shield and of course the hood of his car." I said and Storm nodded at that.

"But back to your mom what happened that makes you think she is catching on. I mean she'll probably be pissed if she finds out I'm the one who wrecked the car, and more so if she finds out my wolf tried to use you two as chew toys." Storm said.

"She would be, we are her only kids. And she's very protective, but we need that in the dark, but most of all we need to keep the fact that we're going after those nogitsunes secret." I said and Storm nodded at that. "And how do you plan to do that?" Storm asked.

"I don't know. Akiya he's busy doing research and of course his car and practicing his foxfire when mom isn't around. He's not using a katana to go fight them, I think if we confront them he's attacking them with his foxfire." I told Storm and she nodded.

"Well your guys katanas snapped when they came into contact with theirs. It's obvious you need special kitsune ones and the only one who has one is your mom. So you literally have one way of fighting them if it comes down to it." Storm said and I nodded at that.

"Your spirits. Kitsunes are famous for fighting with their spirits and of course the katanas. But all you guys have left are your spirits. Akiya is simply trying to get ready if we have to fight against them. Because if we do it's gonna get ugly." Storm said and I nodded at that.

"My spirit has even risen, we have no idea what kind of spirit I have so practicing my foxfire would be useless." I said. "Eventually Araya your spirit is gonna come out, and you'll figure out your element, trust me, it'll happen." Storm said with a reassuring smile which I returned.

Going back to my mother's packed bento box I continued eating it. "But we can't let your mom find out we're fighting these nogitsunes, she's pretty pro letting them run their course and simply us endure it." Storm said and I nodded at that. She didn't want us out there.

Not that I blamed her. Daiki proved quite much that he could kill us if wanted to, or disable us in seconds. To believe we had such a close brush with death. If Daiki wanted to he could of killed me or Akiya, but he didn't. He sent us off to be chased by Storm.

But Daiki made it clear he didn't want to kill us that someone else above him wanted us alive. "Storm I was thinking about that night when Daiki had Akiya and I captive." I said. "And they forced my wolf out?" Storm asked and I nodded.

"Daiki made it sound like there was more of them. Like there was someone up above them and wanted Akiya and I alive. And I really can't come up with anything on why they'd want us alive. I mean we're just a bunch of young kitsunes no less." I said.

"Maybe they need your bodies." Storm suggested. "No, he made it sound like they wanted us alive. And I think he was flirting with me." I said. "You think?" Storm asked. "Yeah, I mean, he seemed to favor me over the rest of you, so I guess it could be considered flirting." I said.