26.

⤚ Turning the Tables ⤙

Akiya

SOME people say being a twin was a blessing others say it's a curse. With a twin you tend to have always you can count on when the hard times come around. It's how Araya and I worked.

To us being twins was a blessing. We never grew apart, the most we grew apart was when we stopped sharing a room when we got older. However we were still close. Where one of us, the other one was around as well. It was just the way we had always been.

When you wanted one of us you got the other one as well. It had always been that way. Araya and I did everything together and enjoyed it. Unlike most siblings who try their best to better and get more things, Araya and I weren't like that, not even close to it.

We weren't jealous of each other. But we never thought much into us being twins. Our mother just happened to have two eggs that were us. We were fraternal twins, but still twins. But I never understood why people made such a big deal out of it when it came to twins.

We were just like anyone else― except the kitsune status. The difference between Araya and I compared to other siblings was just age since we shared the same birthday. We just had an appreciation for each other more than most siblings but we chose to care for each other in that way.

No one held a gun to our head and said we had to like each other. We chose to have a good relationship with each other. Some believed since we were twins it amplified how close we were. And the reason we didn't fight like most siblings.

Maybe it was why, but even if Araya wasn't my twin she would still be my sister at the end. The two of us never really talked about us being twins. It just wasn't  something we saw as important to talk about. We were blood and that's all that mattered to us.

But I never thought us being twins would be special until mom told us. The nogitsunes feared us as we could combine our powers and became stronger. Sure we wouldn't be a threat for awhile, but it was still there, we were still twins and they attacked what they deemed weak.

We were the roots of a flower coming through. And they were trying to rip those roots out before the flower was fully bloomed. That was their intention kill the plant before it bloomed. Or in our case cause a rift between Araya and I which they succeeded for a week.

If it wasn't for Storm we might still be in that situation which was the last thing we needed. They were already ahead of us that I knew. Araya and Storm knew it as well. They still believed us to be under their control from the manipulation spell like thing they had done.

The entire town was under it, even the sheriff's and police station was under it. There was now a lack of any crime in the town. Not that Willows was known for it's crime. Willow wasn't a bad town, it was actually a really good place to live.

Prior to Deputy Lain's murder the only one that had happened had been the farmhouse murder. Sure there was always the occasional arrest, but it was for stupid things. The officers of Willow had very easy jobs with most of the things they give being speeding tickets and noise complaints.

And of course the cops who went to the school. Especially now. We had a resource officer who had a big red and black German Shepherd K-9 officer with him. To make sure there was no drugs. They did sweeps each morning and was the reason Willow was mostly drug free.

Sure there was still those idiots who go out and smoke pot, inject drugs or take pills. But with the K-9 officer, Duke was his name, Willow remained drug free especially when it came to Willow High. Everyone knew Duke searched everywhere and never missed a drug so the drugs disappeared from Willow.