28.

⤚ A Beast Within Us  ⤙

Storm

EACH day the full moon crept closer and closer. There was so many reasons on why I didn't want the full moon to come. Because the full moon brought forth problems that Ara, Aki, and I would have to face.

The full moon brought forth the beast within me. It gave it more control to seize. And it wanted it. Keeping it down was hard, but I managed. But the ceremony of bringing the spirits from the other realm was the biggest worry I had. How would we stop it?

Crashing ceremonies of the supernatural wasn't an activity that we learned. And none of us really knew how to fight. I mean sure I could sharpen my claws on them and bite them, but could I do it before they tried to turn me into a kebob? I wasn't sure.

Ara and Aki were sitting on the couch in their house sharing Aki's phone as they watched videos on how to wield a katana. The two had purchased katanas. Or shoplifted them. I don't remember which one they did. But now the two were binging videos in attempts to learn how to use the blades.

And this left me in the kitchen ransacking their fridge to make some sort of shake. Even a smoothie would do at this point. I was hungry. Most of the food they had was exotic tropical fruit from the oriental market they went to and I wasn't in the mood for that.

Finally I found bananas, tiny ass bananas, but they were still bananas. Grabbing the chocolate syrup I went over to their magic bullet. That machine was my friend. Getting the cup of ice I put everything in before letting the blades rip it to shreds.

And finally my shake was done before I was pouring it into a glass and snatching a straw. Even if I was a werewolf I still felt pleasure in drinking sugary or chocolate drinks. Even if it didn't please the beast inside. The beast preferred meat, I preferred chocolate above all else.

"How are the videos going?" I asked taking a seat in the chair as I took a sip from the straw. The banana chocolaty taste was nirvana on my senses making me ignore what was raging within. "Well we can properly hold a katana now." Ara said handing Aki the phone as she stood up.

She was still shaky and nervous as she picked up the katana. The katana was lightweight and she still risked dropping it. Mostly because neither of the two were confident within themselves when it came to wielding it. And with the limited time to learn they were tense.

And being tense made you screw up. Ara looked at me as she put her hands in the proper position and Aki smiled at her. "Now comes holding it without being afraid of it." I said. "I'm not afraid of it." Ara said and I laughed at that and the two watched me.

"Ara I'm a werewolf, I can smell your fear and anxiety. Literally it's rolling off of you. Your afraid to wield it. And I'm telling you right now we're destined to failure if we go see them like this with fear rolling off in waves." I told them.

"We're not afraid." Aki said. "You are. Just saying it doesn't do anything, you go there afraid while trying to cut them down and your simply empowering them. They'll feed on the fear you give off to increase their powers." I told them and of course I left out a detail as well.

They wanted me there as well. I couldn't promise them that considering when the rift would split. It splits at midnight. And midnight was when the full moon was at it's strongest. It was borderline impossible to not be at the mercy of your beast or having already shifted.

Shifting before it comes out could make things easier. But my beast, the wolf inside me like the nogitsunes would feed on fear. And the wolf was hostile enough towards the nogitsunes and they had been far away. It took all of the self control to keep it from going in on them.