Prologue.

DEPUTY Lain was quiet as she took a bite of her juicy burger. The onions and ketchup spilled forth as the news played. "And this death makes 4, with each being stab wounds." Deputy Lain glanced over. "Kids." She muttered as she drank her drink.

And then her radio began to buzz. "Deputy Lain, we have a disturbance down at Berry hill, go check it out." Deputy Lain sighed as she got up and into her patrol car. And with a flicker of the lights she drove off into the night the bright head beams guiding the way.

Deputy Lain was quiet as she pulled up at Berry Hill and got out still eating her burger. Berry Hill was a farming place, with a big barn on it. "Hello?" Deputy Lain called out as she turned on her flashlight and continued on.

"Anyone here?" Deputy Lain asked as she continued through the beam of light guiding her way as she heard laughter. "It's the police, show yourselves." Deputy Lain said coming near the woods as a blur passed and she saw a sharp blade, a flash of darkness and then she watched as a boy came out.

With burning orange eyes as he grinned at her and Deputy Lain simply stared unable to say anything. She couldn't do anything. He smiled at her, a sickening one as she watched him unsure of what to do.

The Deputy was silent as her cheeseburger hit the ground with a splat. The ketchup, mustard, pickles, cheese, and onions staining the road. The boy cloaked in darkness smiled as he touched his blade and then struck the deputy before she could draw her gun.

275. Welcome to Twin Kitsunes, my latest book. Like Entwined Mates, this will be updated frequently. Hope you enjoyed the prologue and stick around! Until next time marshmallows.

 Hope you enjoyed the prologue and stick around! Until next time marshmallows

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.