13.

⤚ Normal but cute ⤙

Araya

MOM had finally begun moving once more and had taken a few days off from the museum. By now most of the stabs had healed but she still walked a bit sore. But Akiya and I had no problem helping her around.

She was currently sitting on the couch watching T.V. as Akiya went through the kitchen for something to eat. "There is nothing." Akiya said coming out and mom reached for her purse before taking out a crisp hundred dollar bill and handing it to Akiya who looked at it.

"You two can go out and buy something to bring home and cook." Mom said and Akiya nodded at that. He grabbed his keys for motioning for me to follow him and out the door we went as he unlocked the civic after locking the door behind him as we got in the car.

"So where are we going?" I asked Akiya looking at him. He bit his lip. "How about the oriental market in town?" Akiya asked. "Sounds good." I told him with a bit of a smile and Akiya nodded at that before starting up the car and then we were off.

***

The oriental market was in a small shopping plaza. The shopping plaza contained a Dollar General, a small salon, along with a glasses shop and at the end the oriental shop. It was called New World Oriental market. It had all of Asia, China, Korea and Japan's food there.

It was owned by an old married Korean couple who practically knew us by names. Mom was originally from Japan before coming to America so she tended to like this store and all the food that they offered. Akiya pulled up as we got out and went over.

I was a little bit shocked to see Storm going into Dollar General but I waved at her and she smiled before going in. "Come on lets go." Akiya said pushing open the door as it rang. "Welcome." We smiled before going down into the dinner section as we grabbed a small basket to carry.

"What are you feeling tonight?" Akiya said looking at the small fridge of meats that they carried. Not a lot, but enough to make simple meals. "Mm, how about. . . Yakisoba chicken?" I asked and Akiya grabbed a small package of chicken as we went forward.

He got the Japanese flour egg noodles along with the few other things required. "That's about twenty bucks, want to buy some snacks?" Akiya asked and I nodded as we went towards the snacks and my eyes lit up at all of it and I happily began taking some things before grabbing a drink.

It was a strawberry flavored one with a pink color before I grabbed a bunny one as well and then went back to the snacks. My eyes shifted to the flavors of all the pocky on the three shelves that they lined and Akiya smiled at me, they were my favorite.

My eyes shifted to the strawberry ones my favorite and I grabbed one just as a hand grabbed the chocolate ones. I looked up to see Storm holding them as she smiled at me. "You followed us in, not surprised." Akiya said and Storm shrugged at that a bit.

"Just came to see my best friend." Storm said putting an arm around me and I returned the half hug. "What are you having for dinner?" I asked a bit curiously and Storm shrugged at that blowing a piece of brunette hair that escaped the braid she had as she looked down.

"Probably pizza, that time of month for my mom." Storm said. "Oh yeah totally get it, living with two girls is insane with their damn periods and hormones." Akiya said and I slapped his arm making him slap me back and glare at each other as he rubbed the spot as if I really hit him.

"She's not on her period." Storm said giving me a weird look. "Oh she met menopause, she's that old?" Akiya asked. "My mom is in her thirties, no she did not hit menopause." Storm said giving him this strange look as Akiya simply watched her.