Kusuo x Aren P.1

Requested by: @SaikiandNendo

No One's P.O.V

Today was actually a pretty good day for Saiki Kusuo. Nendo Riki and Kaido Shun got sick on the same day from food poisoning the last meal the small group had together at a dirty old ramen shop, Kaido was so hungry that afternoon he ate whatever was in his face, and he meant in 'whatever' he ate some rusty looking ramen and some brown dirt water, Aren and Saiki stood clear of it and even wore health masks.

Saiki did anyway since he doesn't know when he'll need to use it when Nendo or Kaido is around he learns to bring it all the time, and for Aren? He brings his black one with red teeth drawn in if he ever needs to once again start a fight. Now Aren was semi disapointed in two of the three friends he chose.

Yeah, he loves them but he can't handle Nendo and his crazed actions with no thought and Kaido's stupid, fake, reality problem. In all ends tied up, he was a chunibyo chihuahua as Toritsuka had once mentioned. Finally Saiki, in Kubuyasu's thoughts Saiki was a really good friend. He was nice when he wanted to be, adorable when he is with something he loves, and he is unlike many teenagers nice to his family even though they get on his nerves quite often.

In Saiki's thoughts, Nendo was honest to goodness idiot who didn't know how to live in life. Kaido was less critical but still down low, he once again was a chunibyo. Life or reality, no one ever knew. And Kubuyasu, he was a good friend for being in the high 'good' area of friendship, he was edgy most of the time though he's been knowing how to calm himself down lately a lot actually for only being here a few weeks in track.

Since Saiki had only seen his actual face a few times when wearing a ring, he must say; he doesn't look so bad, unlike Nendo. Whose butt chin had been shunned by many beach girls and thought to be a gorilla many times before by students, teachers, neighbors, and strangers. But none-the-less a good day, or even good week. As Saiki sees both still in bed, one looking horrible, and one looking even worse than usual.

Saiki internally high fived himself for a good weeks start. Then his phone buzzed

Kubuyasu A.---Wanna hang out tomorrow?

Saiki K.---No

Kubuyasu A.---Please.

Saiki K.--- No

Kubuyasu A.--- I'll do you any favor in my reach

Saiki K. --- No

Kubuyasu A.---Coffee Jelly?

Saiki K.---When, where and what time

Aren silently laughed through his texts. He loved how Saiki could change immediately when sweets where on the line. "After school, outside of the school, we'll go on from there, and again after school," Aren mumbled as he typed in the words. He sent the texts but was left on 'read' after then Saiki typed a few things through the bubble went away. Aren smiled through his screen "Classic Sai." he smiled at the new but unused nickname.

They both flopped on their beds to call it a night, after endless homework, studying, and following weekend plans. It was all tiring for everyone in most part. Even though Saiki and Kubuyasu are very different people, they liked each other. For them, it's been the most emotional roller coaster for Aren, the new kid in town and an expressional journey for Saiki. The tsundere one, one of the 4 odd sheep in his family plus his grandparents.

Knowing that he will never have a normal teenage life, in his position. He would just have to wait, let the storm weigh out. That's the best solution, though what he didn't know is that when it rains it storms, and that's how it's going to be and how it's going to stay for the next few weeks, months, years, or lifetime. He can't see the future now. He doesn't care anymore since there is always going to be something disastrous in the end, in the middle, and at the start.

When it rains it storms they both thought. I just have to ride out the storm.

Though falling asleep wasn't easy either in the end, like they thought. No brain lullaby and no midnight exercise can do the trick. Each heart was being squeezed so hard it hurt, they liked each other but would both be embarrassed and hurt by either rejection. Saiki thought best not to bring up a topic of romance in a conversation while Kubuyasu swore never to even think of it.

That was the final. For both. No questions asked what so ever. That wasn't very comforting, though it was best, they ended up falling asleep though it came with unwanted nightmares and rejection after rejection after rejection. They loved each other, and they had no clue to know that of each other.

~

The night went by slowly, but morning came in all goodness. Aren stepped out of his bed stretching up, to the sides, and back. He cracked his neck, arms, and fingers for stress relief. He got his spare clothes and left the restroom. This morning was hazy and you could hear the cicadas buzzing throughout the town.

Closing the door behind him, Aren turned on a hot shower filling the room with water vapor on the windows and glass. He takes off his clothes and threw his two-day-used pajamas into a basket. He stepped into the shower, letting the hot water hit his back. He thought of school projects, classes, grades, exams, and romance.

He shook his head not romance, he continued to think about his classes trying not to return to the topic of 'romance'. Even though he thought of other topics romance was still picking at the back of his head.

Though by the time he got dressed for school, he would find one way or another to find out if Saiki liked him back or Sai as he liked to say. this won't be easy Aren thought, though he really didn't even know how this was going to turn out.