House of the Rising Sun

I knew the moment that we saw Carrie headed toward us with her shit-eating grin on her face that she was about to ruin something

I knew the moment that we saw Carrie headed toward us with her shit-eating grin on her face that she was about to ruin something. She stopped in front of us and said, "Hey Haven, Cason."

"Hi Carrie," Haven acknowledged her carefully.

"So, how was England? Did that guy get denied or approved?"

"How do you know about that?" Haven asked.

"Do you mean how do I know about your sister and your mom, Haven?" She asked.

Haven went rigid and spat, "What the fuck do you want Carrie?"

"I just wanted to let you know that Cason has been holding something back from you."

"Carrie, don't," I warned.

"Why honey? Don't you want her to know?"

"I left that situation behind years ago and you know that," I hissed.

"What is going on?!" Haven nearly yelled.

"Cason knew," She said.

"Cason knew what?!"

"He knew about your mom and sister," Carrie smiled victoriously.

I watched Haven's face pale and she took a step back, pulling her hand out of mine.

When she didn't reply, Carrie said, "The one kid, Sebastian Ross, Cason is friends with him."

Haven looked at me and begged, "Please tell me this isn't true."

Before I could reply, Carrie beat me to it by saying, "He can't because it is."

Haven swallowed before fleeing. I took a shuddering breath before turning to Carrie and saying, "Go to hell."

She smirked and said, "Better chase after her."

That is what I did.

I met Haven at her house and I grabbed her by the arm. She shoved me away before yelling, "You knew?! Is that why you took interest in me?!"