(Don't Fear) The Reaper

"Cason!" I turned to see my step-brother Brendon jogging towards me

"What?" I asked him, annoyed.

"So, that girl that you have your eye on, what's her name?"

"I don't know who you are talking about."

"Haven, I think her name is."

"I don't have my eye on her."

"Uh, yes you do," Our friend James stated as he joined us.

"You guys are like gossiping sixth graders," I mumbled.

"Anyway, I heard her talking with Mason and she said that she would totally shag you. I mean, whatever shag means."

"Shag is British slang for have sex with."

We turned around to see our friend Holland standing there, with one ginger eyebrow raised. Ryan, Brendon's twin and my step sister, was with her.

"Hey Holland and Ryan," James said, slowly.

"Now, you know I do not like Carrie, but please refrain from talking about that stuff when she or Jane could hear. Plus, Haven is smart enough to stay away from the likes of you low-lives."

James grabbed her bag that hung at her side and yanked it right off her shoulder before making a break for it. She chased after him, yelling, "James! You idiot!"

"I swear to god," Brendon sighed. "Those two just need to admit that they have a thing for each other and get in bed."

"God. Gross Brendon. I'm out," Ryan said before disappearing.

I ignored him, and he said, "Look man. You want to get away from Carrie and you like Haven. Why not try?"

"I say you don't try because Haven is way out of your league," Her friend, Myla, was standing in front of us.

"Oh, screw off Myla," Brendon yelled as he walked away.

While they didn't like each other, I knew Brendon had his eyes on Myla's twin sister, Kyla.