Comfortably Numb

Two months

Two months.

It had been two months in the cemetery that night when I told Cason everything.

It had been two months since he kissed me.

Two months since I pushed him away and told him that it couldn't happen.

That kiss haunted me.

I fell asleep thinking about it and I woke up thinking about.

Hell, I had even dreamed about it.

I had tried to move on and tried to tell myself that it was nothing, but him kissing me made me realize that I really did like him. I knew, though, that pushing him away was going to destroy any chance of us being together and I was right because he went right back to Carrie.

"I cannot believe it," Kat said next to me.

"What?" I asked her.

"I want to push him off a cliff."

"Kat!" Kara shot out.

"What?" She asked with a shrug of her shoulders.

"You cannot just say things like that," Kara gave her a look.

"I am sorry. I have known Cason my whole entire life and I have never wanted to slap him so hard."

Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I shot up, grabbed my bag and choked out a sorry before running away. I went all the way to the library and hid in the very back corner until I could catch my breath.

"Hey," I heard Holland's voice. "Are you okay?"

I looked up to see her kneeling in front of me with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine. I just needed to be alone."

She nodded and said, "If you need anyone, I'm here."

As she headed away, I pulled the letter out of my bag. It wasn't just Cason that hurting me; I had gotten another letter from the district attorney from where we used to live. This one addressed that the court date had been pushed back due to some unforeseen issues. The original date was actually today while the new one fell during my spring break. Maybe I would be able to go to this court date.