Rocket Man (I Think It's Gonna Be A Long, Long Time)

The next morning as I headed into school, I spotted Haven by her locker

The next morning as I headed into school, I spotted Haven by her locker. I tried to head over there, but Carrie stopped me. She pouted before asking, "Baby, where were you going?"

I stayed silent and she asked, "You weren't going to see that loser, were you?"

"What loser?" I asked.

"Haven, baby. She's a loser and if you associate with her, you'll be one too. Now, let's go to class."

After first period ended, I headed to second like always. Different from always, however, I ran into Kyla.

"Hey Kyla," I greeted her with a smile.

"Hi, Cason. How have you been?"

"I've been okay?" I posed it as a question on accident.

"You know, I would say more misguided than anything."

"Why?"

"I guess because you're dating Carrie again."

"Look, if it was my choice, I wouldn't be."

"The guys always say that," Myla appeared at her side.

"Myla!" Kyla scolded her twin.

"What?" She asked innocently.

Myla sighed and turned to me before saying, "Carrie's only going to screw you over."

"You don't think I don't know that?" I asked.

"Trust me, you can't teach an old dog new tricks," She said before walking off.

"Sorry," Kyla apologized before following her.

I sat down in art and was shortly joined by a girl named Jordan. She started sketching her own drawing and I asked, "What's going on?"

"I guess Haven asked to switch with me for the day. She wanted to talk to Mason about something and well, to do that, she needed to sit next to him. Sorry."

I sighed roughly, getting annoyed that she was constantly ignoring me and dodging me. I just tried to understand her, but it never worked.

I went through the day in a haze and when I sat down in fourth, I was joined by Haven. I made it blatantly clear I was ignoring her, but she didn't react.