Time

At 10:00 AM sharp on Saturday morning, I heard a knock on my door

At 10:00 AM sharp on Saturday morning, I heard a knock on my door. I opened to see Cason standing there. I opened it more to let him in and said, "Very punctual, I guess."

"I guess so," He said.

I took a quick moment to look at him as he walked by me. He was wearing his lacrosse jacket with a simple white V-neck underneath and his usual black Converse. However, something was different.

I heard him say, "I can't get over how nice the inside of this house is."

I closed the door and locked it before saying, "It's a family heirloom. My dad inherited it from his parents. I guess they definitely believed in flaunting what you have."

That's when my dad's voice rang out.

"Actually, my great-grandparents or your great-great-grandparents used to have extremely lavish parties here. They built the house and believed that aesthetics showed how rich you were."

He descended the stairs and said, "The house has obviously been renovated and rebuilt, but still kept in pristine condition."

"Thanks for the history lesson, dad," I said sarcastically.

I heard a chuckle and Cason said, "Good morning, Mr. Night."

"Please call me Charlie, Cason."

"Well, then good morning, Charlie."

"Are you done having your fun dad?"

"Yes, yes," He sighed. "I am headed to the coffee shop to meet Raine."

"Aunt Raine is here and you did not tell me?" I asked shocked.

"I'm sorry, Haven."

"She better come see me. If she doesn't, I will disown her. I absolutely cannot disown Aunt Raine."

Raine Manning was not really my aunt. She was my mom's best friend for as long as my grandparents can remember.

I had grown up with her.

She had long dark brown that she always kept a few streaks of blonde in and dark eyes. She was tan for living in the same part of England as us (or, actually, England to begin with) and always made a point to dress badass. It was from her that I had gained my way of dressing punk.