"Would you stop him from going on the date?" Taejoon asked, his body tensing next to mine.

"I wish I could" I mumbled, shaking my head.

"We can always follow him" Taejoon suggested.

"We could. We should" Yoon nodded.

"I don't know when nor where it is" I sighed, folding my arms over my chest. We all fell silent again, drifting off to sleep without realising it.

~

I woke before they did, my arms stiff as I unfolded them. Huh... I slept in the same position the entire night.

The sun slowly rose, casting a dull orange glow into the room, making everything look like it was burning. The orange flames dancing around the room and burning away everything before it slowly turned white, plain and empty like my heart. I laid there staring at the ceiling the entire time, my darkness in my heart still lingering. What happened to us Jae?

Yoon stirred after awhile turning his body to the side and stretching before getting up. He looked down at me and ruffled my hair, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Breakfast?" he asked, sitting up in bed.

"Maybe later" I mumbled, shaking my head. Taejoon stirred, rubbing his face as he sat up and checked the time.

"Shit. I have work..." Taejoon groaned, hopping up onto his feet.

"I'm going in late. Let's get some breakfast. Come on" Yoon urged, pulling me to sit up.

I sighed lightly, throwing them some of my clothes to change into as we got ready to leave.

We exited my room to see Mark lounging in the living room, the quiet nods of heads the only greeting offered.

"I'll be back after brunch" I informed, waving at him as I left. Mark nodded in response, raising his hand in a half wave to me.

~

I lingered around Yoon's workplace after dropping both of them at work, getting some coffee from the building before sitting in the car.

I was reluctant to head back to our dorm, unsure of how to face the others as well.

From: Yoon

Text me when you get back.
I know you're still here.

I'll leave soon.

The longer you drag it the worse it'll get.
Try talk to him again?

I don't know how.

I sighed and kept my phone, tightening the strings around my hood in frustration before pulling out of the lot to drive back to our dorm.

I dragged my feet back to our dorm, staring down at the handle for a few minutes. I heard the lift ping, snapping me out of my thoughts and I quickly keyed our passcode in.

I kept my gaze down, slipping my shoes off and using my foot to shift them to one side. I finally lifted my head to see Jae standing in the living room.

My heart raced, seeing him all dressed up in a white dress shirt and light blue jeans, his light brown jacket slung over his arm with his hair styled back. He looks so good. But it's not for me...

I felt nauseous, just seeing him like that, knowing that I couldn't even do anything. Jae stood there staring at me, the two of us just rooted to our spots. I saw the anger in his eyes slowly ebb away, his mouth opening to say something when we were interrupted by someone ringing the bell.