Chapter 31

Brooklyn's POV:

I flashed my eyes open in terror. Where was I? I woke up to bright lights and doctors surrounding me as I was laying in a stiff hospital bed? "Where am I?" I asked randomly. "Ah, Ms. Payne I see you have awakened. Your at the Wolverhampton Hopsital. Do you remember anything that had happened before?" One doctor asked me while writing notes on his clipboard. "Um no.... What happened.? Wait..... Where's Liam?!" I asked shouting. "He's in another room right now. He's stable and he'll be fine but for now he's in a temporary coma but he'll wake up any day now." She said. "Why is he in a coma??" I asked confused and worriedly. "You two were in a very serious at accident two days ago." She said. Everything immediately flowed back into my memory. The bright lights of the truck, the hard impact during the collision, Liam screaming my name and flung his body over mine in a matter of seconds.... Just to protect me? "N-No....No! I have to go see him!!" I shouted out. "I'm sorry but you're not stable enough yet." She said trying to calm me down. "Please, just it'll only take a minute.! Please?" I pleaded with all my heart. "Fine but you only have about ten minutes with him and make it quick!" She said ushering me out of the room, let me walk into his room, and closed the door. I walked slowly over to his side taking deep breaths. His body pale and had his hair flopped in front of his eyes. I gently took one of his hands and with my other hand I softly smoothed his ruffled, hazel hair out of the way of his eyes. "Liam," I said. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault....... If I hadn't told you to come pick me up none of this would've happened let alone having your parents adopt from the orphanage three years ago." I said stifling a cry and talked with a sniffly nose. "Your life could've been better. You would've been safe right now and not be in a hospital.... Liam I know it's been three whole years since we broke up but I still remembered to keep that promise we made. You probably forgot about it but Liam I never stopped loving you. I love you so much. I regret every single day for not keeping in contact with you. I tried to fix everything by coming back but instead I've been ruining everything and I'm so sorry. An even though you probably can't hear a word I'm saying right now. I just wanted to say that I Love You Liam James Payne. So much. Forever and Always." I broke out into a hard cry after I said all of that and started shaking and holding his hand really tightly. "Please don't leave me. Please." I whispered loudly. "Who said I was leaving?" A familiar voice said. I looked up to see my muddy brown eyes hooked in a gaze with his hazel, chocolate ones. "Liam?" I asked. "I'm pretty sure that's my name." He said sarcastically and smirked at me. Even in a hospital he still had his cocky humor. "Oh my god." I said engulfing him in a hug. "Don't ever scare me like that!!! Why the heck did you put yourself in front of me!!? Liam I care about you more than my own life! I thought you were g-gone!! Damn you!" I said shaking while hugging him tightly. He just chuckled and held me close. "Sorry. I just cared too much about you to have you die and me have to live with that for the rest of my life." He said pulling away from me just inches away from my face. "I don't matter that much to anyone Liam. I'm not important to anyone. If I die it wouldn't matte-" I sia rambling on. He gently pushed his lips onto mine and molded them into mine. His warm and comforting sensation flowed throughout my body. He pulled away after a few minutes and said, "Brooklyn Marie Payne. Will you please shut up for a second and let me talk?" He asked smiling at me and chuckling. "Look at me. Don't you ever say those things again because I know for sure in my heart and mind fully and completely that I care about you Brooklyn. Heck with it! I'm in love with you!! I always have been even after the three whole years!! I dated Danielle to try and get over you during tour I admit it but she just wasn't meant for me and I wasn't meant for her and she was kind enough to accept it as well. You are my everything, my light that shines on my day, my world. I love you so much and I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met you. Your insane, crazy, and cocky so much all the time I can't even explain but that's what I love about you. I love everything about you. And I know that we're both confused and alone right now just lying in a pile of our broken hearts. But I know what to do. Brooklyn I can't live without you. I would die for you. I would do anything just to see you be happy. I don't care if we're closely related or that we're both celebrities with difficult careers. Even though we're living in a cruel, chaotic, and messed up world. I'm still in love with you. And I always will. Forever and Always. So would you do the honor of being my girlfriend again?" He asked without a doubt in any of his words. "I would absolutely love too." I answered and smiled at him like an idiot and crashed my lips onto his. Closing any excess space between our lips. He filled me up with a joy that was unexplainable. With him I felt whole and important. Always. "I love you." I said to him breaking apart from our kiss and leaned my forehead on his. "I love you more." He said smiling and kissed the top of my head and pulled me into a bear hug. And for those few seconds it felt like the world had stopped. And time was frozen. I never wanted this moment to end.