Chapter 34

Brooklyn's POV:

"Soon." Liam replied and flashed me a cheeky smile, making me blush and roll my eyes.

But what did that mean to him? He wasn't serious.. was he? I mean we have known each other for a good five to six years.. but he probably did want to spend the rest of his life with a girl like me. Right?

"Hey, lovebirds! We're about to eat, so wrap it up for now.!" Alex hollers a few yards away with Niall laughing at her boisterous self and plants a kiss on her cheek before they make their way across the street over to a small restaurant along with Ozzie and Cassity. "I guess us old folks are slowing them down," I giggle. "Old folks, eh?" Liam asks and can't help but grin goofily. "22 is the new 85, haven't you heard?" I retort and smile back. "Well, then we better get going now before we miss out on the early bird special, my fair lady?" He stretches his forearm out for me to take. "Too far, Payno. Too far." I shake my head playfully and grasp his hold. He just pouts and makes me laugh before I give him a peck on the lips, that sends his jetted bottom lip back in place. "Much better." He exclaims as we make our way over to the rest of the group and enter the place. "It smells so good in here." Both Niall and Alex drool and cause the rest of us to roll our eyes sarcastically at their growling stomachs. "Hi! How may I help you?" A woman asked politely after emerging behind the front desk in the waiting area of the restaurant. "Hi, um reservations for Payne please?" Liam asked stepping forward. The host grazed her eyes over a paper laying on top of the podium before saying, "Of course. Right this way Mr. Payne." She smiled, and leads us down a small hallway. "Did you hear that? She called me Mr. Payne!" Liam gushed with a undeniable smirk in a whisper to me. "What an honor." I reply, my voice laced with sarcasm as I bit my lip to try and contain my laughter. "Stop that." He whines in a hushed tone as we walk towards a large booth. "What?" I furrow my eyebrows together and chuckle. "That face." Liam complains says with wide eyes like the answer was so obvious. "Why?" I ask again and smile toothily. " 'Cause you make my heart race." He cheesily sings softly in my ear, still sending shivers down my spine.

I swear this boy drives me crazy.

Liam's POV:

Finally, after we finish eating a incredibly appetizing meal, we all go back to the park as the sky turns a dark shade of black along with the brilliance of the scattered constellations above. As the rest of the group walks ahead of Brooklyn and I, we decide to take a seat beneath a nearby willow tree and lay back to gaze at the skylight. The sweet scent of grass and the crackle of withered leaves on the ground overtake both of our senses as we lie down in utter silence. It was a good kind of silence. The kind where one simply absorbs the presence of another. Although, I couldn't help but blurt out the next grouping of words. 

"Brooklyn, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

WHAT WILL LIAM SAY?!?! i'm cruel i know ;) aha but anywhooo this still didn't feel as long as i had hoped for but i'm still trying to sort out the rest of the things i have planned for this storyline. so hey. maybe next time? :/ :) holy hemmings, i love all you gorgeous people so much! remember to comment, vote, and all that good stuff down below! oh, and please check out my other upcoming, in the long run, it stars both cameron dallas AND five seconds of summer?! two in one just for y'all. cx okay, love you! stay cloudy! peace outt! -sierra xx