Chapter 1

Brooklyn's POV:

"Brooklyn!" ,said Juliet her caretaker, "I have a surprise for you downstairs.!" I thought to myself, "What does she want from me? I'm trying to sleep!" It was freaking 10 in the afternoon?! So I just said, "Coming... Just give me a minute." So a couple of minutes later I grudgingly got up from my cot and tried my best to freshen up as much as I could. But my wavy dark brown hair was all tangled up so I just combed it through and let it hang down to back and put on a casual grey T-shirt and some black skinny jeans that were tattered and my only pair of blue converses and went downstairs to see what Juliet wanted.

But once I opened up the living room door I saw a beautiful mother and and handsome father both with gorgeous dirty blond hair with giant smiles on their faces. So I politely smiled back at them and when I turned to Juliet she said happily, "Brooklyn, I would like you to meet the Payne's your new foster parents."

I started to feel like I was in a dream. My eyes started to water and before I knew it my water works had already started. They were all so kind enough to give me a hug and started to tell me about themselves. They had told me that they had a daughter who was going off to college soon and a son who was about my age and that I would get along well with him since he was very inviting to everybody.

So once I got packed up and said farewell to Juliet and all of my other friends at the orphanage we were off. But when we finally reached there two story, cozy looking, household I was speechless since I've never actually seen a house like this in London before and they caught me marveling and smiled so I smiled embarrassedly which caused my cheeks to turn a bright red color. So when I got out if their car I got my bags and we all made our way to the doorway and walked in after we unlocked the door. So I just stood there while Mrs.Payne called out, "Liam.""Danielle." Please come downstairs to welcome our new family member please."

In less than a minute I heard multiple footsteps come down the wooden staircase and I looked up from my feet to see a much more beautiful older looking girl who smiled back at me with the same features as her parents and when I looked to the left of her I saw a tall, built boy with mesmerizing brown eyes, plump pink lips, a sandy brown mop of hair,cute little moles that covered his face. He gave me a smirk that made me melt inside which made my cheeks turn bright pink which made him smile even more broadly. But finally, breaking the awkward silence, the girl next to him said with a welcoming voice, "My name is Danielle. And this is my brother Liam." She said pointing towards the boy next to her who was staring at me with his deep gaze. "What's your name?" She said kindly. "Brooklyn." I said with with a quiet voice while looking at my feet. "Well, nice to meet you Brooklyn and since you'll be staying here with us now let me show your room." So with that I followed her upstairs to my new room which was right next to Liam's.

"Okay. I think that's all of it. So if you have any questions or need anything just be free to ask me or Liam. Okay?" She said politely. "Okay," I said. "Thank you for everything. You guys are amazing." I said. She smiled and went to her room.

After I was finished unpacking a couple of my boxes, I moved onto my suitcase full of clothing. But I was quietly interrupted by Liam who opened my door slightly and said, "Do you need any help? You know unpacking?" He said in a velvety voice that had a significant English accent. "No I'm fine. But thank you." I said shyly. "No problem." He said. He seemed like he wanted to say something else but the only thing he said was, "Well we are going to have dinner in a few minutes so come down when you're ready and if you needed anything I'm right next door so just knock anytime." "Thank you." I said sincerely. He just nodded and stared at me for a quick second before shutting my door. What was I getting myself into? I mean he's my new brother and all now I couldn't start liking him already could I?