Chapter 23

Alex's POV:

"HE WHAT?!!!!" Me and Cass exclaimed yelling in anger. "H-he slapped me and called me pathetic so I left...y-ya know.... I just didn't want things to get m-more out of h-hand and stuff. S-so I ran out and h-here I am." Brooklyn said stuttering and crying at the same time. "Does your face hurt do you want me to go get an ice pack or something for your cheek?" Cass asked concerned. She nodded and wiped away her tears. "T-Thank you." Brooklyn answered back when Cass came back with the ice pack and laid it on her cheek. "I can't believe he did that! Did any of the other boys hurt you?!" I said with worriedness. "No... Just Liam but Niall and Louis tried to apologize for what he did but I just kept running away." Brooklyn said staring at her hands. "THATS IT!!Imma go teach that-" I said with a raging fire inside. "Alex take it easy. Just breathe and be here for Brooklyn she needs some company because tonight I have a game so I need you here to take care of her while I'm gone. Okay?" Cass said to me calming me down. I nodded and Brooklyn and I gave Cass a hug goodbye. She said we could order pizza or whatever and to be safe until she gets back and absolutely NO BEATING UP THE BOYS WHAT SO EVER!! "Alright alright geez just go before your late!" I said ushering her out. "Ight see you guys later!!" She shouted out the door. "Okay now I haven't had any girl time with you so let's do something fun together just you and me!!" A smiled spreaded across Brooklyn's face that was really red on one cheek from that slap. God I really wanted to kill Liam right now for that!! Breathe Alex. Breathe. Okay. "Why don't we buy the Fault in our Stars and get some candy and grab a pizza for dinner and bring everything back here??!!" I said wih excitement. "That's a brilliant plan but your forgetting something very important for that movie...." Brooklyn said seriously. "TISSUES!!!" We said in sync. We laughed and Brooklyn changed into some of Cass casual clothes that she said Brooklyn could borrow. But she kept her vans on and was wearing a navy blue tank top that had a anchor on it in white and some black high waisted jeans with her straightened hair to top it all off. "Alright let's go!!" I said grabbing her arm and we both ran out to the car and made our way to the Walmart near Cass' apartment. We both jumped out of the car excitedly and Brooklyn like her 4 year old self hopped in the cart and I pushed her around while she grabbed the stuff off the shelves. We ended up getting two family size bags of Takis, a box of skittles, a box of tissues, and of course... THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!! It was our most favorite movie in the entire world and we absolutely loved fan girling over Ansel Elgort! We loved being fattie fan girls. That was another thing we had in common but we were both as skinny as a twig which confused me. I pushed Brooklyn down towards our car and ran after our cart as she threw her hands up in the air and smiled in excitement. "Your so weird you know that right?" I told her while stopping the cart to our car. "I know.... That's why you love meee!!" She answered back laughing and say in the passenger seat of our car. I shut the trunk of my car as I finished putting the stuff in their and ran to the drivers seat and drove off while singing with Brooklyn to every song that played on the radio. We were giggling when we arrived and made fun of each other's singing. But she was a really good singer so I didn't make fun of her too much. We grabbed the groceries and ordered a medium cheese pizza from Pizza Hut and waited patiently for it to arrive and once it did we put in the movie and ate the pizza while watching intently. We both ended up balling our eyes out at the end and used all of the tissues up. But when I looked around the room we had a half a bag of Takis left, two empty candy boxes, an empty crumpled up bag of microwaved popcorn, and a cleared out pizza box. "I think it's time we cleaned up before Cass kills us for being slobs in her room.!" I suggested. Brooklyn nodded scaredly and quickly helped me pick up the mess and clean up the area. It looked pretty good to me. So then we sat on the couch and got bored fast. Brooklyn's phone kept buzzing and buzzing. She said it was the boys and Liam trying to reach her and stuff but I knew she didn't want to talk to them right now. So I kept my mouth shut. I couldn't believe Liam did this. I mean he was like the only responsible one out of the group. How could this happen?! And why did it have to be Brooklyn who always got hurt.?