20 | hard night

It was late at night. Edmund and I just spent the whole day with each other. We didn't talk about the events that had happened, but we mainly talked about random and useless things. We also went and explored the villages. He helped me get distracted from everything.

But at the end of the day, I'm all alone again

I sat down on the floor hugging my knees as I slowly contemplate about life. My heart still ache and is still crying from the fact that Peter doesn't love me anymore.

Love is so stupid. I wouldn't blame him on why his feelings disappeared. And yet, all the moments I spent with him... they were the best moments of my life.

I remembered writing him poems and he would respond back with a poem. I wrote him songs and he would blush. When I get hurt from battles or trainings, he would worry and be concerned for me. When men tried to dance with me during balls, he would step up and take me away. But the past 2 years everything just changed.

I don't know what to feel. I'm mad at him for treating me this way and for throwing me away, but for some reason, I always go back to him.

The moment he became The High King, everything changed. It was much more harder to be by his side. But I kept trying because I want to be with him. He told me before to never leave his side... how could I keep going?

They say Aslan gives you hardships knowing you can endure it. It was said that He never gives trials you can't endure... I think He gives me too much credit.

I'm tired. I'm so tired.

I just want to disappear.

I was startled from a knock on my door. I heard a familiar voice...

Edmund.

"Erin. If you're still awake... know that I'm here for you and never give up. 'Our current adversities cannot be compared to the glory that will be revealed to us'... Aslan will never leave you nor forsake you. Trust in Him... He has never failed us."

_