6 | universe

"Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river," Mr. Beaver pointed out.

"River?" Susan questioned.

"It's been frozen for 100 years," Mrs. Beaver implied.

"It seems so far," Peter commented.

"It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver chuckled.

"Smaller..." Susan sighed as we all walked into our journey.

No words were being said. Everyone was focused on getting across. On getting to Aslan and to save Edmund.

"Come on, before we're old" Mr. Beaver said as he runs up leaving us behind.

"If he tells me to hurry up one more time I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat," Peter said and I laughed.

"Hurry up Son of Adam! We don't have all day." Mr. Beaver told him.

"He is getting kinda bossy," Lucy said and I shrugged.

Then we heard bells ringing. I looked behind me and I saw a sledge.

"Run," I told Lucy.

"It's her! Run!" Mr. Beaver yelled out.

We kept running for a very long time. I could feel my body giving up. The cold air entering my lungs hurts so badly. We ran until we reached a forest.

"Quick! Down here!" Mr. Beaver led the way and finally stopped at a little cave below the ground. We hid in there until the cost is clear.

"Maybe she's gone," Lucy whispered.

"I'll go and have a look," Peter said and I grabbed his arm and shooked my head.

"No, you're no good to Narnia dead," Mr. Beaver explained before I said anything.

"Neither are you, Beaver," Mrs. Beaver told him.

"Thanks dear," Mr. Beaver replied before going up to the surface.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that Peter didn't go up, but I was scared and worried for Mr. Beaver. Peter held my hand tightly and I held his.

I felt safe and comforted by Peter's hand. The touch of his warm hand made my cold hands feel warm.

A long pause and some noise came afterwards.

"AHHH!...." Mr. Beaver shouted.

"AHHH!" Lucy and I shouted back then Mr. Beaver showed himself to us.

"I hope you've been good, because there is someone here to see you," Mr. Beaver said then we all stood up and left the little cave to find and see a familiar figure.

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy said.

"It certainly is, Lucy. Thanks to you," A man that looks like Santa Claus said.

"Are you Santa?" I asked.

"Well you can call me one," He chuckled.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia," Susan said.

"It hasn't been for a hundred years. But now the Witch's power is crumbling," Father Christmas said as he goes to his sleigh and dropped a bag.

"Presents!" Lucy and I said excitingly.

Father Christmas took out a small bottle with some magical liquid in it.

"Lucy, Eve's Daughter. These are for you. The juice of the fire flower. If you, or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them. And though I do not expect you to use it, this," Father Christmas gave Lucy the gift.

"Well, I think I could be brave enough," Lucy smiled as she recieved the present Father Christmas gave to her.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs. Eve's Daughter, Susan. Trust in this bow, for it does not easily miss," Father Christmas handed her a bow.

He then brought out a horn, "And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard, this. When you put this horn to your lips and blow it, wherever you are, help will come."

"Thanks," Susan smiled.

"So another of Eve's Daughter, Erin. I shall give you a powerful and mighty sword. I trust you with it. One tiny slice this sword will kill. I hope you will use this for the good," He said as he handed me a black sword.

I was a little scared on removing it from its case, but I ended up doing so and I felt so brave and glorious and in that moment, I felt that this sword belonged to me and only me.

I bowed, "Thank you very much."

The sword looked really nice and I like the color of it. But I was scared to use it. I'm scared that one day, I'll have to use it...

Peter saw my worried look when I looked at my sword. He looked at my eyes with reassurance that everything will be alright.

Our eyes met and in that moment,
everything stopped moving

•.。

and the universe was revolving around us.

....

In that moment, we felt each other.

....

"And, Peter. These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand," Father Christmas gave Peter a sword and a shield. Peter took out the sword from its case.

Father Christmas smiled to all of us, "Bare them well! I best be off, winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a thousand years

Father Christmas smiled to all of us, "Bare them well! I best be off, winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a thousand years. Long live Aslan!"

"Bye... Merry Christmas!" We waved our hands goodbye.

Father Christmas got on his sleigh then left leaving us in wonder and excitement with our new cool weapons.

"Told you he was real!" Lucy told us.

"Did you hear what he said... winter is almost over. You no what that means... no more ice!" Peter said joyfully.

_