•BONUS•

Word Count: 906

***

External Narrater

The fluffy white snow renders the young Lily speechless. Raelynn can't help but smile at the sweet girl.

The busy streets of New York bustle around them, but the only thing that she can see is her life in front of her. Although she loves Lily, she can't restrain the slight pain in her heart from seeing the features of Marcus.

After Raelynn became the guardian of Lily, Marcus continued on with his NFL career leaving the love of his life and daughter in Texas.

With the constant leaving and coming back, it was hurting both Raelynn and Lily, so Raelynn insisted that he stays away until he gets his life into order.

4 years.

4 years ago she told him to leave.

And he left.

And never came back.

So Raelynn took it upon herself to move her and Lilly up to New York. Raelynn was able to take over her mother's boutique, making the designs and running the online store while Claire helps with the store in Texas.

Now, with the light that appears on Lily's face during her first encounter with snow, Raelynn has never felt so happy.

"Rae Rae?" Lily asks, removing Raelynn from her thoughts.

"Yes princess?" Raelynn asks, kneeling down.

"Is dada and mama coming for thanksgiving?" She questions, her big eyes begging.

"Mama is, I don't think dada is." Raelynn frowns, kissing Lily's head.

"Then why is he behind you?" She asks, her curiosity peaking. Raelynn freezes, first relief washing over her; but anger quickly takes over.

"Lynnie?" Marcus asks cautiously, his heart beating rapidly. His hands are stuffed into his coat pockets, toying with the surprise. Raelynn slowing turns, keeping a straight face.

"What Marcus. I told you to not return until you get your life together. Are we your priority now? Or is your football team still above us? Because if it's the latter, don't say another word." Raelynn states confidently.

Marcus takes one step before engulfing Raelynn into his arms and kissing her with a fervor. Raelynn feels everything go off. Alarms and warnings telling her this is wrong. He's just going to walk away again. But she ignores them because it feels so right. She kisses him back.

When he pulls away, he looks down at Lily, her face one of disgust.

"Come here my flower." He smiled opening his arms as Lily leaps into his arms. Raelynn smiles at her whole heart right in front of her. When he pulls away, he nods at Lily.

"Rae Rae." She says, looking up at her. Raelynn nods getting down to be eye level with her big blue eyes. Lily shyly ticks a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Yes baby?" Raelynn, says as she feels Marcus stare boring into her.

Marcus can't contain the joy he feels, watching his love being such an amazing mom to his daughter. Even though Lily is in no way related to her, Raelynn treats her as her own, and that makes Marcus the happiest he could be. Well, except for this.

Lily smiles, her gap between her teeth showing. "Will you marry Dada?" She asks innocently. Raelynn freezes, unable to believe the words that came out of Lily's mouth. She stands to her feet, shaking her head.

"Lily. Baby. Where did that come fro-" Raelynn begins before standing in shock at the sight before her.

Marcus was down on one knee, holding open a box with a beautiful ring in it.

"Raelynn. I know I've messed up so many times. More than I can count. But what ever I do, I do it for you, and recently, Lily. You two are the most important people to me. I've given up my football career, learning that I was miserable without you and Lily in my life. So I'm moving to New York to be with you two. And it would make me the happiest to start my new life with a true, dysfunctional family. And I only want that dysfunctional family with you Lynnie." He said, spilling out his heart. The cold snow around him is long gone as her intense stare makes him hot and nervous.

"Will you marry me?" He finally asks the question.

Raelynn can't even fathom what's happening.

With her mind going over everything, she makes her choice.

Central Park, New York
8:16 pm, November 15

The End

I'm aware, y'all probably hate me for this, but my intention was to leave this book and series on a cliffhanger so you guys could make up your own ending for Marcus and Raelynn. With the Epilogue, it left it with them kissing again after 8 years. It made it sound like they had a happily ever after, and that isn't what I wanted it to end as. So, I wrote this to be true to my original idea. I left it where it could go either way. I know a lot of y'all, if not all, wanted them to have a happily ever after, but I can't promise anything. I love cliche romance, and that's what I love to write. And I believe that is what i wrote, with a twist.

Anyway, I truly enjoyed writing this and I thoroughly hope y'all enjoyed reading it. Thank y'all so much for the endless support and patience when it comes to updates. Please, keep smiling, and I might see y'all in another book.

Bye Wattpadians!!