•THIRTY FIVE•

Word Count: 1064

***

  "Come on Marcus! We're going to be late!" I shouted up the stairs as my mom laughed beside me.

  "You can't rush guys." Claire sighed as she appeared beside me. She arrived home a few days ago.

  "I'm ready. Holy crap. We're going to Nashville." Marcus said, smiling. I laughed nodding.

  "We're going to Nashville baby." I said, pecking his lips. "Put your things in the car." I laughed, looking down at his three bags. He nodded, running out.

"He's really excited." My mom laughed and I nodded.

"Yeah. Looks great on him don't you think?" I said smiling at my boy. The way his eyes lit up and sparkled was beautiful. It couldn't be beat.

"Ready Lynnie!" He shouted through the door. I nodded, grabbing my phone before hugging my family and leaving.

  "Here we are baby." I said as I unlocked our hotel room. Marcus walked in and dropped his things before staring out the window. It outlooked downtown Nashville And was a beautiful sight.

"I can't believe this. I've always wanted to come to Nashville. And for a music festival!" He sounded like a little kid at Disney world.

  "There's a shopping center down the street. You wanna go there tonight? Tomorrow we can explore then the concert is Sunday and we fly back Monday." I said wrapping my arms around his waist. He smiled down at me, placing a kiss to my head.

"I'd love that."

  "Let's go!" Marcus caked from the room. I sighed, applying some lipstick before assessing myself in the mirror.

It was a white off the shoulder body suit with ripped denim shorts and lots of jewelry

It was a white off the shoulder body suit with ripped denim shorts and lots of jewelry. I put a white hat on top of my head and braided my hair. I out on my boots and left the bathroom.

  "Holy crap. You're beautiful." He said eyeing me up and down. I blushed, going up to him.

  "You're not too bad yourself." I smirked kissing him quickly.

  We got to the festival and began to walk around. They had food trucks, several stages, and lots of people. The sun was high in the sky, making it hotter than necessary.

  "The pamphlet says the first concert is in thirty minutes. Wanna get some food?" Marcus asked as we wandered about. I nodded, running towards a food truck. A taco truck.

  My phone began to ring, and it was Naomi.

"Hey!" I smiled and she waved.

"How's the festival?" She asked falling into her couch. I could hear faint laughter coming from the background.

"It's amazing! There's so many people!" I exclaim as Marcus appears with our food.

"Hey Nay!" He smiles as we sit at a bench.

"Hi! Well just wanted to check in. I've got to deal with my boys! I'll call you later!" She said before hanging up.

"Yeah. Bye Nay." I chuckled as I ate my taco.

  The crowd was loud as Keith Urban played on the stage. Marcus has his arms wrapped around my waist as we swayed and sang along.

When the sun goes down, stars come out
It's a, can you feel it?
Wanna take you by the hand, dancing with my pals
Sit around, round, round
It was so high, we can paint the sky
With the love right now we're feeling
And I swear we're never, ever, ever coming down
Never coming down, never coming down

"I love you." He whispered into my ear. I looked up at him, smiling like a dork.

  "I love you too." I pecked his lips.

"There's one more thing." I smirked as we walked back to our room. I opened the door and grabbed the piece of paper in the dresser. "I was able to get you to perform along side Luke Combs tonight at the final kick off show." I smiled as he looked at the paper in awe.

  "No. Way." He stuttered, smiling like a little kid. I nodded, as he lifted me in the air. "Thank you thank you thank you!" He cheered before putting me down.

  "Here's your guitar. Get changed. And let's go." He said as he ran off.

A few minutes later he came out in a dark red flannel and some black jeans with his boots. His hair was ruffled and his eyes were bright.

We arrived back at the festival and made our way to the main stage. We stated our names and they let us backstage.

  "So Luke is getting ready. He'll be singing Beautiful Crazy. You'll be out in twenty." The guy told us. We nodded as Marcus began to do his nervous pacing.

  "You'll be great." I said, taking his hands in mine. "Want to practice?" I asked and he nodded. He got his guitar and started playing. I sang along to the lyrics as he calmed down.

  "Well. You two are a match made in heaven." We heard a voice from behind us. We turned around to see Luke Combs in front of us. "You must be Marcus." He said extending his hand. Marcus took it nodding.

  "I am. And this is my girlfriend, Raelynn." Marcus smiled. I shook his hand and couldn't help but have my inner fan girl screaming.

"I love the way you two sound together. Why don't y'all open up for me?" He smiled at us. Marcus and I just looked at each other wide eyed.

  "Yes!" I exclaimed and he laughed.

  "All right then. Here's the music, you have five minutes to rehearse." Luke grinned handing us some sheet music. The song was Houston, We Got a Problem.

  "All the way from Rockport Texas, please welcome, Marcus Deyoung and Raelynn McKnight!" The announcer said as the crowd went wild and we walked on stage. The lights were blinding and I could only see the first few rows.

This is my kinda town, this is my kinda place
I wouldn't mind hangin' 'round
For more than just a couple days
I got a 12th floor room with a killer view of the empty Astrodome
A tab at the bar downstairs, but all I can think about is home.

My voice fell into tune with Marcus's guitar as the chorus came. We both started singing as the crowd sang along. It was the most amazing feeling. To sing with my boyfriend, in front of millions of people, opening for Luke Combs. I couldn't ask for a better trip.