•THIRTY THREE•

Word Count: 2890

***

"Be here by nine!" I say through the phone before hanging up. I turn around and look at my handsome boyfriend sitting on the couch in my living room.

"We have three hours." I grin, sitting beside him. I turn on The Kissing Booth before snuggling into his side.

"Prom's tomorrow." He whispers in my ear. I smile, nodding.

"Yep. And I'm going with the perfect boy." I say, looking into his blue eyes.

"He's a lucky guy." He grins, pecking my lips. I can't help but want more, so I press my lips back on his.

"Yeah. And I'm a lucky girl." I whisper, as my mom class my name. "Be right back." I grin before heading to my moms office. She stands up and holds up the dress.

"Almost done! Just need to finish the skirt." She smiles at me. I look down at my dress, and I can't help but smile. It's going to be perfect.

"It looks great mom!" I say, giving her a small hug before going back to Marcus.

I'm woken to a doorbell ringing and my mother yelling. Marcus had his arms wrapped firmly around my waist as we slept on the couch.

"Raelynn! Door!" My mom yelled. I got out of Marcus's grasp, treading to the door.

"Finally!" Naomi shouted as Marcus groggily came up behind me.

"Oh. Hey Nay. Bye babe. Love you." Marcus grins, pecking my lips before leaving.

"Come in." I yawn, as Naomi walks in and drops her bag.

"Who was it Rae?" My mom asks, coming into the kitchen.

"Nay." I say, pulling out our candy.

"Hey Naomi! Are you excited for prom?" My mom asks Naomi as I head up to my room. A bit later, Naomi joins me and throws her stuff in the corner.

"Your mom ordered the pizza." She said, throwing herself into the bed. We turned on some gossip girl, as we just laughed at each other.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, taking a bite of pizza. "So good!" I smiled, as I swallowed. When I looked up, I saw Naomi smiling sadly at a picture. I placed my pizza down, and looked at the frame.

It was a photo of my dad with his arms around Claire and me at Claire's 8th birthday

"He would be so proud of you. Going to your high school prom with your best friend." She sighs, setting the photo down. I nod, trying to get past the initial pain it brought me. Even after 3 months of him being gone, it still hurt.

"Yeah. But we just have to remember, he's watching. He's always watching." I smile getting back on my bed.

"I'm always watching Wisouski. Always watching." Naomi says in the accent from the lady from monsters inc.