•TWENTY FOUR•

Word Count: 1986

***

  "You are good to go Rae." My nurse smiled at me. I grinned, thanking her. I was about to stand up, when I felt a warm hand on my lower back and my bed dip.

  "Hey." Marcus whispered. I relaxed, leaning into him.

  "Hi. How was school?" I ask. He chuckles, removing his hand from my back and taking mine instead, lacing our fingers together.

  "Could have been better." He shrugged, before standing in front of me. "But let's get you home." He says, showing off his perfect smile. I nod, grabbing his shoulder, as he grips my waist, helping me to my feet. We slowly walk over to the wheelchair, as I sit in it.

  "There." He whispers, as I let out a breath. "I'll get your bags." He says, handing me my duffle bag full of things.

  "Can you get the doctor and tell him I'm ready?" I ask Marcus. He nods, leaving the room. I look down at my phone, to see the several texts from Naomi about how bored she is without me.

  I've been in the hospital for a week now, getting monitored, making sure all my medicine is working, and healing. Today I'm going home, to sit in my bed for another week. Marcus is staying at my house, considering I'm too heavy for my mom, and Claire isn't home. He'll help my up and down the stairs to the living room before leaving for school, then when he gets home, he'll help me shower, and then I'll get back in bed. It'll be pretty boring on my end.

Plus Naomi will be coming over pretty regularly while Wyatt is still at school, and bring me my homework and class work I'm missing.

  Today, my mom couldn't get a full day off, so she was here this morning while I got prepared to be discharged and then Marcus came to help me get home.

  "Okay Raelynn. You'll need be on bed rest, and have help getting around. Minimal standing. And if you ever feel pain, you're allowed to take two pills per every six hours. You may feel nauseous, but it's normal. Your prescriptions will be ready for pick up soon." He said, shaking my hand along with Marcus's.

  "Thank you." I smile as he nods.

  "No problem. It's my job. Now get out of here!" He laughs, as Marcus begins to push me out of the hospital.

  "Home sweet home." I sigh, as Marcus gets me to my bed upstairs. He jumps on beside me, wrapping an arm around me shoulder, pulling me into him. I rest my head against his shoulder, as I turn on Netflix.

"Ten questions." Naomi speaks up, finally filling the boredom we've been feeling since she came over after school.

"Can we wait until Luke gets back?" I ask, not ready for her questions.

I haven't told her about my first kiss yet. And if she finds out in some way, I would like to have Luke to restrain from sending my back to the hospital.

"Why? Is there something going on?" She asks, eyeing me. I shake my head, unable to speak, because if I did, she would know I was lying.

"I'm back!" He yells as he walks in.

Dang it!