•TWENTY TWO•

Word Count: 3427

***

I hear the faint sound of my door creaking open, but I ignore it, going back to sleep. Suddenly, I'm being lifted up and thrown over someone's shoulders. I squeal, closing my eyes tightly from fear, and the bright light shining throughout the house. They carry me down stairs before tossing me on the couch.

"Merry Christmas Lynnie." I hear and that's when it confirms Marcus was indeed the one to ruin my beauty rest.

"You couldn't have let me sleep for another like year?" I complain, he laughs, laying down beside me.

"Nope." He says, kissing my forehead. "Plus we have bowling to go to with our friends. So get ready." He says, leaving the couch.

He does have a point. So I climb up from the couch and run up to my room.

I put on a cream sweater with some dark denim jeans and some beige uggs

I put on a cream sweater with some dark denim jeans and some beige uggs. With it I put on a grey scarf. My hair is in its natural state with a black beanie and I grab a light coat before getting my bag and going downstairs.

"Can we get Starbucks?" I ask Marcus as I get a granola bar. He sighs, nodding.

"Sure." He says twirling his keys. "Let's go." He states. We get in his car, and that's when I finally notice the time. 11:10. Dang I slept in.

"What are the plans for our Christmas Day?" I ask, flipping through the radio stations.

"Well, bowling. Then we're meeting our family for lunch then presents and dinner together then you come to my house and we spend the rest of our Christmas with each other." He says, reaching for my hand. I can't help but smile.

"Sounds amazing." I say, squeezing his hand slightly.

  We arrive at bowling and when we enter, Naomi and Luke are already here along with Wyatt and his little friend.

  "Hey guys!!" Naomi grins, hugging us. We hug and then I hug Wyatt.

  "Wy, who's your friend?" I ask, looking at the blonde girl with blue eyes.

  "She's my girlfriend Aunt Rae. And her names Melly." He grins proudly, taking the young girl by the hand. She smiles at him, kissing his cheek.

  "Wow." Is all I can say as I stand back up to see Naomi watching the scene. "Your brothers got game." I laugh, sitting down. She nods, sitting beside me.

  "Tell me about it." She grins as Brea and Aria walk in hand in hand.

"No! I won!" I argued as we sat at a skatepark near the beach. Wyatt and Melanie were running around while everyone sat at the bottom of a half pipe, I think. Brea was lying in Aria's lap while Luke and Naomi were sitting beside each other, and Marcus was playing with my fingers.