•FIFTEEN•

"Good morning Ruby." I greet her warmly as I put on my apron.

"Good morning Rae. How are you? How was the contest?" She asks me, a grin taking over her face.

"It was good, Marcus and I did amazing, but didn't win. It's fine though, we never win." I shrug, as the other employee comes in.

"Oh! Allie! This is Raelynn. She will be working with you." Ruby says to the girl I remember being Luke's little sister.

"Hey! You're Luke's little sister? Right?" I ask, making sure I'm not wrong. She frowns nodding.

"Sadly." She says, putting on her apron. I laugh, as Luke walks in. "I told you to leave butt hole!" She shouts at him, as he marches up, smirking.

"I'm meeting my girlfriend here." He states, shrugging. I almost choke, as Naomi walks in.

"Excuse me!! When we're you going to tell me y'all became official!!" I shout, an Naomi blushed.

"I was going to tell you tonight, but guess it's now. We're official." She says, grinning while she takes Luke's hand in hers. I let out a squeal, jumping around.

"Calm down girl!! They won't be together for long!! My brother has that affect." She says, shooting a glare at Luke, and I stop, doing the same.

"You break her heart, I break your face!" I say, holding my hand up in a fist. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Okay sweetheart." He laughs, going to sit down.

"I have to get their dumb order." She groans, getting a notepad and going over. I notice Ruby has left, and guess she just went tot he restroom.

Allie comes back, and starts making a latte.

"The girl ordered a cherry begat and Luke ordered a cinnamon roll. Care to get those?" She asks me, looking up from the cup she was making. I nod, opening the pastry case and grabbing them. I take the food to my friends and hand it to them.

"Here you go." I say, and Naomi grins at me.

"When did you start working here?" She asks me, and I decide to sit with her, since the place is empty.

"Wednesday. My moms having issues with bills, so I decided to help out and got a job." I shrug. She nods, and Allie brings over their drinks.

"Come one newb, we need to get to work, or Ruby will be mad." Allie says, lightly punching my shoulder. I already know it's playful as I chuckle, getting up.

"All right." I groan, heading back tjt he counter. She does another glare at her brother, before coming with me. "So, Care to tell me your story?" I ask her, and she frowns.

"I'll tell you some." She states, placing her towel down. I watch her blue eyes soften, as she begins.

"There are three kids. Me, Luke, then our sister, Malaya. My mom passed away when I was five due to breast cancer, and our dad was abusive. Luke and Malaya quickly stepped up as my parents, caring for me. Our dad was eventually arrested for child harassment and Luke uplifted us and brought us here. At first, everything was fine, I went to eighth grade, Luke went to Jersey Village and Malaya went off to college. Then, our dad broke free from prison, and found us. Luke was quick to move to another part of town, not wanting to make me leave my entire life. Our dad was found and arrested again. Now, here we are. I'm a sophomore and Luke is a senior and Malaya is almost done with college." She says, frowning and playing with her apron. I don't know what to do, so I hug her.

  "I'm so sorry." I whisper, and she nods.

  "Well." I start. "I was born here and I have and older adopted sister named Claire. My mom is a teacher and my dads in the military. My best friends are Naomi and Marcus, and my dad is currently deployed and I have a job to help with bills. My story isn't as dramatic. I guess you could say I have a pretty normal life." I shrug, slightly embarrassed that she would possibly die to have the life I have.