•EIGHT•

I walked into my first period, thirty minutes early. As usual. I threw my things down on the ground, groaning. This was not what I wanted to do today. After my moms accident a few days ago, I have been tired and dumpy feeling all week. I was just happy that tonight was girls night and Friday.

  "Rae. You good?" Mr. Arce asked me. I nodded, looking at him. He had a pink Johnny Cupcakes shirt on with some jeans and black Nike's.

  "Define good." I muttered. He chuckled, and that made me grin slightly. Mr. Arce was my all time favorite teacher. I've had him since sophomore year, and have loved him since.

  "Any way. How's your girlfriend?" I asked, truly interested in his life. His face lit up, as he recalled what had happened last night.

  "So, last night, we decided to watch Stranger Things. Right? And so she made some popcorn with chocolate." He said. I grinned, liking the sound of this. "She ended up burning the popcorn and the chocolate some how exploded all over our kitchen!" He said laughing. I laughed, as Naomi walked in.

  "What are we laughing about?" She asked, taking her seat next to me.

  "How Mr. Arce's girlfriend burnt popcorn and made chocolate explode." I said, tears rimming my eyes from laughing. Naomi chuckled a bit before composing herself again.

"So. For tonight. I was thinking we go to the game then we go back to my house for movie, pizza, and sleep." She proposed. I nodded, fine with what my best friend just suggested for our girls night.

"Fun night it sounds." Mr. Arce said from behind us. I nodded, facing him.

"Yup. Girls night is always the best." I smirked. Just then, the bell rang and the students began I pile in. I caught a glimpse of Luke as he strode to his seat in the back of the class. His black hair was messily tossed around and his crystal blue eyes glistened. He noticed me staring, and gave me a wink as a smirk grew on his lips. My cheeks became a slight crimson as I ducked my head into my sketchbook.

  I was sketching who knows what, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze, glancing up at who had touched me. I just so happened to see, Luke.

  "Hey cutie." He smirked. He pulled up a chair, sitting next to me. He put his elbows on his knees to prop himself up, as he looked over my sketch. "Is that me?" He questioned. I took in a sharp breath, as I examined my drawing. And sure enough, it was him. It was him a few minutes ago smirking at me. I had been oh so lucky to capture his perfect muscles and form.

  "What if I said yes?" I asked with a surprisingly large amount of confidence. He laughed, leaning back.

  "Then I would say I look hot!! Wouldn't you think?" He said in a husky voice. I instinctively started to bite my lower lip, as he stared into my hazel eyes. He leaned in closer to me, his lips lightly brushing my ear. "How about, I join you at the game tonight?" He whispered in my ear. I shiver ran down my spine as his hot, minty breath spiraled around me. He leaned back, smirking at me.

"Um. I-I can't. I'm going with Nay." I stumbled over my words, lazily pointing at Naomi beside me. He chuckled, nodding.

"Then have her join us. See you at eight cutie." He said, flashing me his perfect grin as he walked away. I sat there, dumb founded.

"Did you just have Luke Barman join our girls night?" Naomi asked me, upset and confusion lacing her voice.

"I have no clue what I just did." I muttered, standing up. I straightened out my plaid dress, heading for the door. "I'm getting water Mr. Arce." I said, leaving the class. I walked through the empty hallways of Westpoint High, with my head down. I went to the athletics department and made my way to the restrooms un noticed. Which always tends to happen. I arrive at the girls bathroom, when I spot Marcus and Haley making out by the girls locker rooms. I wonder how on earth Mrs. Henderson let him out of class. I ignore them, going tot he bathroom. I find the last stall open, going in.