•EIGHTEEN•

Word Count: 1775

***

I walk into school with Naomi by my side, as students roam around. There are spider webs all over and students are all dressed up.

Today was Halloween. Our school took Halloween very seriously. They decorated the school, did a costume contest during first period, and gave all students a free day on campus after 3rd period. It was awesome.

I'm currently wearing a bright pink tutu with a bright pink shirt and black suspenders. The Nerd candy logo is printed on my shirt and I have my hair in two giant pig tails. Naomi is the same thing, but purple.

  "Hey my cute nerd!" Luke grinned as he placed a soft kiss to Naomi's lips. She blushed slightly as everyone watched them, jealous of her. We walked down the hallway, students dressed up hustling around us.

  "Hey Marc!!" I grin when I see him come into view. He smiled at me, wrapping his large arms around me.

  "Can I talk to you?" He asks me. I nod, taking him to the theater department. I close the door as he runs a hand through his hair.

  "What is it Marc?" I ask, taking his hands in mine.  He looks up at me, his eyes filled with fear and pain.

  "I need to break up with Haley." He states, a single tear streaming down his face. I freeze, not knowing how to react. I want to be happy that he won't be with her, but he was happy with her.

  "Why?" I ask, wiping away the stray tear from his cheek. He tenses at the contact, as I pull away.

  "I like someone Lynnie. Like a real crush." He states sadly. My heart lurches as he speaks, and I wrap him in a bone crushing hug.

  "Okay. Then break up with her. Are you sure it's nothing else?" I ask unsure. I stops, before slowly nodding. I give him a weak smile, before kissing his cheek. As I pull away, his eyes are drifting over my body, and I'm suddenly extremely cautious of my appearance.

"You look adorable." He says, a small grin playing at his lips. I blush, tucking a stray piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks." I say, leaving to room.

  We all head to my locker, and Marcus parts from us as we pass Haley waiting at his locker for him. I give him a nod, as he takes a deep breath. We arrive, and I tune out Luke and Naomi being all cutsy, as I watch this go down.

  MARCUS POV

"Hey baby!" Haley exclaims, capturing my lips in a kiss. I keep it short, determined on my plan.

  "Haley, we need to talk." I say, scratching the back of my neck. She gives me a flirtatious smile, wrapping her arms around my neck, pressing her body against mine.

  "What is it?" She whispers in my ear, before lightly biting my ear lobe. I shove her away, and confusion and hurt crosses her face.

  "It's over Haley. We're over. This, is over." I state sternly, trying to get it into her thick skull. She freezes, before tears begin to stream down her face. She throws herself at me, desperately clinging to my shoulders. I roll my eyes as people begin to watch us.

  "I love you Marky!! Don't leave me!!" She whines. I push her off of me, shaking my head. "Is it because of that nerdy bitch? Riley or something?" She asked disgusted. Anger bubbled inside of me, as I took a defensive stance, squaring my shoulders and taking a step forward,

  "Don't. Ever. Speak of my Lynnie like that." I state, anger spilling from my voice. She shrinks back, nodding weakly, as Kayla Grace and Marie came racing to her aid.