•TWENTY EIGHT•

Word Count: 1475

***

RAELYNN POV

I brushed my hands over my outfit, smiling.

It was Valentine's Day and I was so excited to spend my first Valentine's Day with Marcus.

I was wearing a blush pink romper that had spaghetti straps

I was wearing a blush pink romper that had spaghetti straps. I was also wearing some nude gladiator sandals and I had French braided my hair to one side. My make up was very natural with a gold eye and nude lips.

I grabbed my phone and backpack, heading downstairs. Marcus said he would be a few minutes early so we could get breakfast before school.

"Good morning Rae." My mom smiled. She was wearing her normal slacks with a light pink blazer and her hair in a bun.

"Marcus should be here soon." I mumble to myself, before talking to my mom.

"The construction at the shop should be done in a week or two!" She exclaimed, happy. "And I'm calling your dad later today." She sighed. I know how hard it is for her without dad home, especially on days like this.

She's told me the story about their first Valentine's Day several times. They skipped class and hung out on the football field. My dad took her under the bleachers and gave her a necklace.

"That's him." I smile when a honk sounds. "Bye mom!" I wave heading out. I climb into the truck, and Marcus takes my hand.

"Ready for breakfast beautiful?" He asks, I excitedly nod, and he laughs. "Then let's go."

We pull up at iHop about 5 minuets later, as we climb out. Marcus takes my hand, and I smile. Yes, it's been about a month, but I'm still not used to all the feelings he gives me.

  "You seriously posting that?" Marcus asks in disbelief. I laugh, nodding.

  "Of course!" I say, tapping away on my phone.