•THIRTEEN•

•RAELYYN POV•

I grudgingly climb from my warm comforter and open my annoying windows. The sun comes tumbling into my room, as I shield my eyes.

"Good morning sweetie." My mom greets me. I give a slight wave, as is it back on my bed, contemplating my outfit. "You ready to help Nay move in?" She asks, brushing through my hair. I honestly used to hate when she would do this. Play with my hair. But now, I love it. I know my hair used to be her color, a light brown and a bit blonder in some spots, but it eventually darkened to the color of my dads hair. She loves messing with it, as it's a great reminder and treasure of her husband when he's away.

"Yeah. I talked to her last night, and she had so much to say about her date yesterday. I wanted to experience this first hand, and see all her excited squeals and jumps and hand movements, so I made her wait." I say, smirking. My mom chuckled behind em, standing.

"I'm gen start gettin g ready. The sooner you do, the sooner you experience that." She jokes, leaving me be. I get up and pull out my favorite outfit.

A pair of black cotton shorts that have a rainbow stripe going down the sides and a white crop top that has WPH embroidered on the top left, for Westpoint High. I brush my hair and pull it into a high pony and don powder and mascara before grabbing my sneakers and phone before leaving.

  I head out to go to Naomi's apartment, singing at the top of my lungs. When I arrive there, I immediately notice Luke's truck. I grin, climbing out and going in.

  "Good morning Raelynn." The front desk lady, Ramona, greets me. I grin, waving back.

  Ramona was a sweet lady, in her mid fifties. She always had candy on her table, and a warm smile. I had just met her yesterday, but I know I'm going to become great friends with.

  "Here for Naomi I presume." She says, about to buzz up to Naomi's apartment. I nod, but stop her from buzzing up.

  "Is there someone else there?" I ask, hoping she says who I hope she says.

  "Oh yes!! Naomi had a very handsome boy go up earlier. He was tall an ha black hair. I believe he said his name was Luke." She says, her face contouring into thought, trying to remover his name. I nod, allowing her to buzz up. "You're good to go." She grins, as I leave her.

I arrive, and I hear Naomi's familiar laugh accompanied by a male laugh. I grin, happy for my best friend. I knock on the door, and the laughs slowly die down, when Naomi opens it. She still has a large smile plastered to her face as there is faint music in the background and packing peanuts everywhere.

  "Hey. We were, um..." she starts, but I chuckle, stopping her.

  "No need. I get it." I say, smirking at her. She suddenly gets a terrified face, violently shaking her head.

  "No! No!" She exclaims as I strut in. Luke is also laughing at Naomi's reaction.

  "I'm joking!! Chill!!" I laugh, putting my phone down on her counter. She glared at me playfully, as Luke walks over to her, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"So, What are we doing?" I ask, giving Naomi the look that says you- are-going-to-tell-me-what-happened-when-your-new-boyfriend-isn't-around. She sighed, nodding.

"Let's just get the couches in place and the beds in their respective rooms then you two can decorate. I have to meet some old friends at twelve." He says, looking at me, but glancing at Naomi when he mentions his old friends.