•FIVE•

I climbed from my bed, heading to my bathroom. I took out my straightener, plugging it in. I also pulled out my makeup, beginning to apply it when my phone started ringing Marcus's ring tone, Anaconda. Yes, when we were freshman's, he decided to set that as his ring tone, and I haven changed it, simply because it's hilariously watch my parents reactions hen it goes off.

  I grab my phone, sliding my finger across the screen, so Marcus and I were connected on FaceTime.

  "Hey Marc." I said, applying some blush. He looked at me, grinning.

  "You look better today then I've seen you all week." He noted, as I set my blush and brush down. I've been a little sad ever since my dad left, and today was the first day I've felt normal all week.

  "Yeah, it's kinda passed now." I shrugged, brushing my brows. He chuckled, as I applied mascara. I looked at my phone, and he had left the screen to get ready. I took my phone to my room to get dressed. Marcus always expected me to dress nice on the first game day, because I was his best friend. I pulled out a black crop top, with some high waisted white denim shorts, and some knee high white converse.

  "What are you wearing?" He asked, as I headed backer o my bathroom, to straighten my hair.

  "You'll see." I smirked, although I was fully aware he couldn't see my face. After my hair was straight, I put it into a messy bun, and I slid my rubber bands into my braces. I put on my large rimmed glasses, and put on my outfit. I stepped ind don't do my phone, and his eyes went large.

  "What?" I asked, looking over myself. He shook his head, blushing slightly.

  "Nothing. It's just that. You look like a girl from our school for once. You look like your sister." He explained. I grinned, looking over my outfit. He was right. I looked like a normal teenage girl. Not a nerd. I looked like Claire when she was seventeen.

  "Great!!" I exclaimed, grabbing my small black backpack. Our school pep rallies have been the same since my parents went to school. Everyone went to the gym in the mornings, ate breakfast, then had the whole day off until the game. Simple, fun day. I usually hung out with Naomi and Logan, but it was just Naomi and I this year.

  "I'll see you at school Lynnie!" He smiled, hanging up. I sighed, tucking my phone into  back pocket, while stealing one last glance at my appearance. I grinned, nodding, Sad I raced down the steps. I arrived in our kitchen, where my mom was also in FaceTime.

  "Good morning R-" my mom started, but stopped.

  "Brody! Look at our daughter!" She exclaimed. I stopped in my tracks at my dads name.

  "Oh sugar plum!" I heard his voice. I turned around to see my dad on my moms screen,

  "Daddy!" I screeched. He chuckled, as I stood there.

  "Zo, she looks like you did our senior year." He said, looking em up and down. My mom nodded, as I once again looked at my outfit.

  "You like it?" I asked, hesitant. I really wanted my parents to approve of my unique look for the day.

  "Of course!! You look great baby." My dad reassured me. I sighed, smiling.

  "Thanks." I grinned, checking the time. 6:54. Crud. "But I should be going. Bye mom." I said, kissing her cheek, "Bye dad!" I waved, leaving the kitchen. I headed out to my white Jeep, climbing in. I started the car, backing out.

  Once at our high school, I hopped out, and headed inside. In the gym, there were all of our student body in groups. The jocks. The popular girls. The popular boys. The popular jocks that just mixed. The popular boy's fawning girls. The nerds. Then my group, the popular jock's friends that really belong in the nerd group, but end up in the popular jock group because their best friend is there but no one talks to them. Yup, that's me. And Naomi. I headed over to the popular jock group, where I saw Marcus. I weave my way through the fawning girls and the jocks to the right group. I took a seat, when I noticed Haley sitting on top of Marcus.