•ONE•

I climbed from my bed, groaning in annoyance. I enjoyed school, but not waking up. I walked to my bathroom, looking at my appearance. My hair was falling outbid the bun I put it in last night, and my face looked like a was zombie. I pulled out my limited amount of makeup, applying my powder with mascara, blush, and chapstick. I brushed my hair, wincing at each knot.

  Once I was ready, I slipped on my booties, and clipped on my black suspenders. I grabbed my light blue backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. I was about to leave, when I realized I forgot my phone.

"Good morning Senior!" My mom grinned, handing me some eggs and bacon. I grinned, taking it.

"Morning. Thanks." I said, taking a bite. I finished my breakfast, putting away the dishes.

"When's Marc going to be here?" My mom asked, as my dad came in, getting some coffee. Just then, Marcus honked his car horn.

"Right now." I smirked. She laughed, as I grabbed my backpack and phone, heading out.

"Bye sweetie. Have a good day!!" My dad called after me.

"Bye dad, mom, love y'all!" I called back, slamming the door. I raced to Marcus's car, climbing in.

"Hey Lynnie." Marcus smiled. I grinned, buckling up.

"Morning Marc." I said, leaning back.

"Ready for senior year?" He asked backing out. I stared at him, shaking my head.

"Of all the people, you should know." I sighed. He chuckled, pulling up to our high school, Westpoint High. I climbed out of the car, going into the school with Marcus right by my side.  I entered the building, and there were thousands of students hustling around. I walked down the main hall, right by the trophy cases. I ran my fingers along the glass, looking at the famous jersey. My dads jersey. My dads retired jersey.

  McKnight. 22. Below it was his helmet. Brody. 22. Beside those was a description of what he did. Made Westpoint High football history. Longest pass was made with 86 yards. Longest running touchdown was 74 yards.

"He was a great player." Marcus said beside me. I nodded, glancing at him.

"I'll never meet those expectations. Heck! Some people don't even know we're related!!" I exclaimed. He chuckled, as I saw Naomi making her way towards us.

"Nay!!!" I exclaimed, putting my arms up. She ran into my arms wrapping her arms around me.

"Rae!!!!" She exclaimed.

I've known Naomi since seventh grade. It started when we had almost every class together. In eighth grade, her parents decided to Home school her. Freshman year, she came back, and we re-kindled our friendship.

"How was your summer?" Naomi asked me as we walked down the hall to get our schedule.

"Good. Claire left for college yesterday." I sighed. Naomi frowned at me, putting her arm around me:

"You have me." She grinned. I laughed, nodding.

"That I do." I said. We entered the cafeteria to see a majority of our student body hustling around. You could easily depict the seniors and the freshman. The seniors just were in a group of people, walking around. The freshman were by themselves, running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

"Lynnie!" Marcus called. I shook my head, getting rid of my thoughts, going over to Naomi and Marcus.

"Name." The woman ordered.

"Raelynn McKnight." I said. She shuffled through some pages, grabbing my schedule.

"Are you by any chance related to Zoey and Brody McKnight?" The woman asked me. I slowly nodded, taking my schedule.