Appa continues to fly. His tail begins to droop and his legs slacken as he gets more and more tired. We all relax on his back.

"There it is! The island Roku's dragon took me to!" Aang points to a crescent shaped island appears through the clouds. In the center of the crescent is a large, active volcano. A temple sits on a promontory directly below the volcano. Appa lands near the temple.

"You did it buddy. Nice flying." Aang pats Appa's face lovingly.

Appa groans and rolls onto his side in pure exhaustion.

"Oh! You must be tired!" I say as me and Katara rub the tried bison

"Nope. I'm good. Refreshed and ready to fight some firebenders." Sokka says enegetigly as he jogs in place

"I was talking to Appa." Katara tells him.

"Well, I was talking to Momo." Sokka tries to play it off

We look up to see a steep path leading to the Fire Temple I'm guessing.

We are crouched behind a low wall in front of the temple.

"I don't see any guards." Sokka says

"The Fire Nation must have abandoned the temple when Avatar Roku died." Katara suggested

"It's almost sundown. We'd better hurry." Aang says we nod at each other as Aang leaps over the low wall And we follow behind him.

We quickly slip through the door of the temple, tip-toeing through the center of the temple.

"Wait......I think I heard something." Sokka stops in mid tip-toe.

We all turn around. Behind us are 5 elderly men in red robes.

"We are the Fire Sages. Guardians of the temple of the Avatar." One of the elderly men speaks and identifies the group as Fire Sages.Aang steps forward.

"Great! I am the Avatar." Aang says cheerfully

"We know." The Fire Sage assumes the firebending pose and shoots a fireball at Aang.

Three fireballs are swiftly approaching Aang. Aang assumes the airbending pose and deflects the fireballs. He turns towards us

"I'll hold them off. Run!

As we approach a corner, Aang comes running towards us.

"Follow me!" He yells

"Do you know where you're going?" Sokka questions

"Nope! Wrong way!" Aang disappears around the corner. We begin to follow him. Suddenly, Aang comes running back around the corner. A Fire Sage is hard on his heels.

"Come back!" A sage says

We ignore and continue to race around corner after corner trying to lose the pursuing sage. Finally, they run into a corridor that turns out to be a dead end. With no escape,we face the Fire Sage.

"I don't want to fight you. I am a friend." He moves carefully towards them. As he approaches Aang, he drops to his knees and bows.

" I know why you're here, Avatar. My name is Shyu"

"You do?" Aang asks

"Yes. You wish to speak to Avatar Roku. I can take you to him." Shyu offers

"How?" I ask him Shyu reaches towards the wall and turns the light fixture. The fixture is a lever. Behind the fixture is small hole in the wall. Shyu takes a deep breath and shoot fire through the hole. The panel slides back and to the right. The secret passage is revealed. A long staircase carved into the rock of the mountain disappears into the dark below.