"Is that--" he walked a little closer, trying to zoom his eyes into the figure. "Oh, that's my idiot wife." He chuckled, face palming himself for not recognising his own wife. The chuckle of relief faded away, his expressions turning hard and sour. "Fuck." He muttered, running towards the water.

"But she can swim." He said to himself, stopping on his tracks. The cold water splashing up to his toes. "But she hasn't swam in a beach before! Not the New York beach for sure!" He yelled, cursing himself for wasting so much time.

He was a water baby. He could swim forever, anytime of the day, dive forever, underwater was his world, and of course not when he needed to breathe though. There was a certain level of comfort he felt as the water touched his body, he didn't feel less than a fish, but today was different.

He didn't feel relaxed, enjoying his time under water or feel happy. He was worried, shit worried to lose her. He didn't even have the time to think about what was happening. All he knew was, she may need help. Help to get out of the water. She does need mental help as well! He wanted to yell. To slap her. But before that he wanted to hug her close to his body.

His air bubbles making their way under the ocean with every exhale he took coming up, he only came up to go down in a hurry to find her. He swam so fast that he felt a muscle of his leg being pulled but this wasn't going to stop him. He wasn't going to stop until he went breathless.

Seeing the heavy, big wave pull her down, he dived into the water, flapping his legs in chance of pushing his body ahead. Ahead to reach her. His arms felt like they were going to give up he mentally prepared himself to save her.

She was gasping out the water, trying to claim her lost breath from all the water pushing inside her lungs. Feeling her body tense in fear of losing herself before it was too late, she dived inside making her way back to the sand. What is she doing? Kiaan thought, his eyes were tired from the waves making contact with the precious orbs but wasn't going to leave her like that.

Jaanvi didn't notice him till now and kept swimming towards him, all this time Kiaan was flaming in anger. He felt like the beast within him had been awoken from the dead. The anger from his eyes showed the scared husband within, the boy who was taught to fight back in any situations. He felt the pain beneath his heart and soul drowning at the thought of losing her. She had to stay in his sight.

Once Kiaan had reached her, he gripped her hand to pull her closer, the water was doing the opposite to them, pushing them apart. Being extremely afraid to lose her, he wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling her closer so she doesn't disappear into the ocean.

His wet, now soft hands from being under water for so long, cupped her face. Bringing her face intensely close to him he moved his fingers all around her face, examining if she's ok. His trembling worried fingers grazed along her cheeks, her collarbone, her forehead, her neck. He was worried. Very, worried.

Jaanvi's breathing became heavy from all the diving and swimming, she held him tightly closing her eyes. Touching her temple to his she clutching his t-shirt tightly around his neck.

She raised her heavy, wet and tired lashes up, gazing at the concerned Kiaan. "I wa--" he didn't want explanation. Excuses were something he always hated, but ignored for her. What she had done today was beyond questionable to him.

The remaining inch between them was decreased by Kiaan. He brought her face closer until his wet lips touched hers. It was like he needed a clarification that she's fine. She's fine. The water was lifting their bodies up and down, like a swing but with nothing underneath them. Her hands left his clutching t-shirt, now going up to his hair, holding them tightly enough for some to fall out.