X Chapter Twenty One X

A/N: Sorry for the delay, when I originally wrote this chapter, I realized how I had it kind of messed with the timeline a bit and would have caused some major conflict but still wanted to get this scene out somehow because its amusing(and shows that Syn and Illumi are turning into even bigger badasses....I'm thinking world domination is in their future), so I had to rewrite it a few times... it's not quite how I wanted it to go, but I realized if I went with my original thought, EVERYONE would die..but it's still fun XD

The night Illumi and I were to fulfill a contract to kill ten mafia dons in Yorknew City, the imp I sent with Killua alerted me. Something was wrong, Killua was frightened. Illumi noticed my body tense as we sat down to dinner at our hotel room near Yorknew City. His dark eyes watched me carefully.

"Syn?"

"Something's wrong with Killua..." Before I could say anything more, I felt the pull of a contract as I heard Killua's voice shakily call my name. My body was ripped through a portal before I had the chance to warn Illumi. The last thing I saw was his dark soulless eyes growing wide as I was ripped away.

"SYN!" His voice faded away to nothing as I felt myself reappear in a run-down cathedral. Before I had a moment to catch my bearings, I felt a strong arm encircle me, pinning my arms to my sides. A playing card with razor sharp edges pressed against my neck. Not enough to draw blood but enough to make its presence known.

I chanced a glance back at my captor out of the corner of my eye, Hisoka? His amber eyes conveyed a silent message, he didn't want me to reveal that I knew him. Looking away from him, I surveyed the run-down room curiously. My eyes fell on Killua and Gon near a fallen piece of rubble that appeared to be being used as an arm-wrestling table for Gon and some tall man with long black hair. What the hell was going on?

"Nee-sama." Killua blanched, he hadn't meant to summon me only for me to be apprehended right away. It wasn't his fault, I'd never been summoned before. Is this what my demons felt when I summoned them?

I offered him a small reassuring smile, "I'm not sure I like your new friends, Kil-chan." My blood red eyes scanned the room, every individual here exuded a lot of power. If it came down to a fight, I'd have to pull out all the stops and summon the strongest demon in my arsenal, a demon so strong, I'd never managed a successful summons and nearly died every time I'd tried in the past. After the murder frenzy that was my wedding anniversary, I felt stronger than before. My Nen had gotten stronger, I could summon lesser demons at will without expending any energy and Cerberus was much easier to summon.

Hisoka's grip on me tightened as if he sensed I was going to do something. Though he was hard to read at the moment, I had a feeling he was concerned for me. The scar on my back where the word 'DEMON' had been carved into my skin began to burn. My gaze fell on Killua's ankles to two rings, one on each ankle, where his skin had been rubbed off and was now a deep purple, like a severe rope burn. My eyes narrowed at this.

"Who hurt you?" I demanded, my voice shifting. The beast inside of me let out a snarl of pure unbridled rage and began clawing desperately at my insides trying to dig its way to the surface. Black tendrils of energy began to appear around me as dozens of low-level demon hounds began appearing out of nowhere their presences completely masked, no one had noticed.

"If you don't want to be dragged to hell, I advise you release me, clown." I hissed at Hisoka.

"Syn-chan is so scary." He breathed in my ear so no one else could hear before releasing me from his hold and leaping back as one of the black tendrils of energy around me lashed out at him.