X Chapter Eleven X

Syn- Age 18

Illumi- Age 22

Killua- 10

Alluka-9

Kalluto-8

Milluki(there's potentially 2.5 people who care, though one has made it abundantly clear that they only care about the anime collection)- 17

On the day of our wedding, I didn't know whether to cry, run away, or be sick. My nerves were on edge the entire day. Kikyo had been kind enough to have me awoken by five assassins that had tried to kill me in my sleep, before she barged into my room insisting I allow her to help me with my hair and makeup. She had the butlers clean up the corpses of the assassins that had attacked me while she helped me tame my long pale colorless wavy hair.

Once I'd finally managed to shake off Kikyo, who would not stop talking about how she couldn't wait for grandchildren and kept giving me reminders to be a dutiful and obedient wife to her son and mother to her grandchildren, I'd had about enough I could take of people. There was a knock at my door as I finished slipping into my simple sleek white satin gown. It was simple and basic the only details being the sheer back with the few decorative silver lined leaf like filigree atop the sheer material. The skirt was long but not obnoxious and poufy. Who could possibly be at my door?

"Come in." I called as I slipped on a pair of simple white flats. If Kikyo had any more surprises planned for me throughout the day, I didn't want to be caught in a dress AND heels.

"Nee-sama!" Alluka cheered as she raced into my room wearing a beautiful emerald green satin dress. "You look beautiful!" She beamed as she ran to hug me. Silva had agreed to let Alluka be a part of the wedding as part of his gift to me, for which I was grateful.

I caught her in my arms and hugged her, "Alluka-chan! You look so cute! I love that color on you."

Alluka grinned up at me, "Nanika said it would make you happy."

"That was very thoughtful of her, it does make me happy. It was Shea's favorite color." I smiled.

"The lady that used to sing to you?" Alluka asked curiously before turning to the door expectantly, "Onii-chan what are you doing?"

I followed her gaze to the door and laughed as I spotted Killua standing in the doorway with his hands over his eyes. "Kil-chan? Why are you covering your eyes?"

"I thought it was bad luck for guys to see the bride before the wedding."

"I think that only applies to the groom." I laughed.

Killua reluctantly stepped into the room and removed his hands from his eyes before staring at me with wide eyes. "Nee-sama, you look like a princess."

"You clean up pretty nicely, yourself." I smiled beckoning to the sleek black suit he was wearing with an emerald green vest that matched Alluka's dress.

"Nee-sama?" Killua asked softly as Alluka and I spun around the room giggling. We paused our twirling and turned to him curiously, "Do you and aniki love each other?"

"It's complicated." I sighed. In all honesty, I did have feelings for Illumi, strong feelings, but he was impossible to read. I knew he cared about me on some level and that he'd protect me and keep me safe, but I had no idea how he felt about me.

Killua and Alluka helped me finish getting ready and we headed upstairs to the garden for the ceremony with Killua and Alluka each capturing one of my hands. We walked hand in hand and for a fleeting moment I could forget about the Zoldyck's that made my life miserable, it was just the three of us with no worries or overbearing patriarchs or matriarchs that felt the need to control everything.