X Chapter Twelve X

Syn- Age 19

Illumi- Age 23

Killua- 11

Alluka-10

Kalluto-9

Milluki(there's potentially 2.5 people who care, though one has made it abundantly clear that they only care about the anime collection)- 18

               "Nee-sama, are you okay?" Killua cringed sympathetically as I'd just been sent flying through four trees, before the garden wall broke my fall, courtesy of Illumi. It was my fault for spacing out and instinctively trying to block his attack when I should have dodged.

               Nothing felt broken. There were some cuts and scrapes lining my arms legs and even a few on my torso, my ribs felt bruised but nothing too serious, which meant Illumi had been going easy on me. Sighing, I staggered to my feet before throwing Killua a reassuring smile, "I'm okay."

               Illumi appeared at my side in an instant, startling me and nearly causing me to topple back over. He lightly caught me by the arm, steadying me as he quickly scanned me over. After deciding I wasn't in any need of immediate medical attention, he frowned, "You were distracted."

               "And, you were holding back." I pointed.

               Illumi stared at me blankly for a moment, "What's distracting you?"

               My face reddened and I cast my gaze downward fearing he'd be able to read me like a book if I looked him in the eye, "N-nothing."

               "Go home." Illumi ordered me softly as he lightly nudged me in the direction of the mansion.

               "What? We're not done-."

               "If you're distracted you're only going to get hurt." He cut me off and sent me on my way with another slightly more forceful nudge.

               It was futile to try and argue with him. Sighing, I waved goodbye to Killua and retreated to the west wing. With every step, my body started to ache more and more. A crisp breeze swept past me sending a chill down my spine, it was almost winter, the leaves on the trees had already changed and fallen leaving the trees bare. All the wildlife had begun preparations for hibernation.

               Illumi and I had been married for nearly a year now, and though we shared a living space, I saw less of him than before. When he wasn't away for a contract he stayed in one of the guest rooms in our suite or slept on the sofa in front of the fireplace. He really only spoke to me when we were training. I made it to our living quarters with little trouble, as I got to the stairs my ribs began to ache and breathing became difficult.

               Crawling to the loft, as it was a struggle to stay upright, I somehow managed to drag myself to the master bathroom. Shakily I got to my feet before peeling off my loose fitted shirt and winced as I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, my ribs were black and purple. I twisted slightly so I could see my back and nearly crumpled to the floor as a wave of agony rippled through me, I caught a quick glimpse of my back and swore under my breath. There was a large tree splinter embedded in my lower right side just under my ribs, my shirt had been covering it up, so Illumi hadn't noticed it.

               My fingers trembled as I reached behind me and tried to get a grip on the large splinter. I took a deep breath as I got my hand around it and wrenched it out wincing at the sickening suction-like squishing and popping sound that came with it. Once the splinter was dislodged, blood streamed from the wound profusely, spilling down my back and side. In seconds, it was pooling around my feet. Scrambling for the first aid kit as I began to feel light headed, I attempted to find something to stop the blood flow. My fingers were trembling and the edges of my vision were beginning to blur.  I left a trail of bloody footprints all over the pristine marble floor of the master bathroom.