X Chapter Thirteen X

Syn- Age 20

Illumi- Age 24

Killua- 12

Alluka-11

Kalluto-10

Milluki(there's potentially 2.5 people who care, though one has made it abundantly clear that they only care about the anime collection)- 19

Illumi was away for a contract and was expecting to be gone for a few days' time. Silva and Zeno were also out of the house, it was strange having the three strongest Zoldyck's away from the mansion all at once. Things were still uncertain between Illumi and I. We rarely talked and lived in completely different parts of the west wing, I was growing used to our lonely life of shared solitude and was finally becoming numb to the pain and heartache of a one-sided love.

I jumped as I heard Kikyo shriek in agony as I was on my way back to my room from a visit to Alluka. In the distance, I heard Milluki shouting something indecipherable before yelling in rage and pain. What was going on? Had someone decided to attack while the three strongest were away from the mansion? I had to protect the kids.

My heart hammered in my chest as I ran toward the screams, but paused as I nearly ran into Killua. "Kil-chan?!" I called out to him, he looked torn.

His dazzling blue eyes slowly lifted to meet my gaze and in that moment I knew he was responsible, "Nee-sama." He looked like he wanted to flee.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried as I dropped to my knees and held my arms open to him smiling as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I can't take it anymore. I need to get out of here." His voice sounded so small and broken, his family had finally pushed him over the edge.

"Okay." I replied softly as I hugged him tightly.

He reluctantly pulled away before staring at me incredulously, "You're not going to stop me?"

I shook my head. "I'm quite familiar with being a Zoldyck prisoner. I won't stop you." Hurried footsteps were headed in our direction, "We should go."

He placed his hand in mine and we ran toward the forest. Once satisfied that we weren't going to be stumbled upon so easily, I turned to the adolescent and ruffled his fair hair affectionately.

"Do you have enough money?" I asked him worried, "Do you know where to go for food and shelter?"

"I'll be fine." Killua smiled, but tensed the moment I sensed a presence looming toward us.

I held my hand out palm up envisioning a lowly imp of a demon and smiled as a tiny grey imp appeared in my hand before giving it a silent command to stay with Killua at all times and to alert me if he was in danger. The imp leapt onto Killua's shoulder and he stared at me curiously for a moment, he couldn't see the imp and unlike the other demons I could summon, the imp wouldn't fade away until his job was done or I sent him away, even if I lost consciousness he would fulfill his duty.

"Nee-sama?" He thought I'd been spacing out.

"I'll hold them off." I bent forward and kissed the top of his head, "Be safe."

"Come with me." He begged me softly.

"I can't do that, Kil-chan." I lightly shoved him toward the forest before catching the butler that had lunged for us in a chokehold. "Get going." I ordered him softly as a deadly calm focus washed over me.

"I love you nee-sama." Killua said softly before flitting away in a flash.

After incapacitating the first butler, I spun as three more approached. Two of them lunged for me and the third made a move to go after Killua. I hurled a throwing knife with a deadly accuracy at the butler that had tried to go after Killua, hitting him in the back of the skull with the hilt of the knife with enough force he was instantly knocked unconscious before intercepting the two that had tried to attack me. My body moved fluidly as I swiftly dodged their attacks.