X Chapter Fourteen X

Syn- Age 20

Illumi- Age 24

Killua- 12

Alluka-11

Kalluto-10

Milluki(after the last chapter, I believe it's returned to nobody cares, though one person still lays claim to the anime collection*edit* another person also lays claim to the collection of anime ....:is willing to split but author thinks there should be a Rock Paper Scissors battle to the death)- 19

               The faint sounds of groaning metal followed by loud crashes, in the distance startled me awake. I'd blacked out at some point and found myself bound and covered in a plethora of fresh wounds and burns lying in a heap on the floor. Milluki had exhausted himself trying to torture me in an effort to get me to scream, but I wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

               The door of the torture chamber was suddenly ripped off its hinges and I jumped as it fell to the ground with a loud reverberating clank. It hurt too much to move for me to turn and see what had happened. Strong arms encircled me and I gasped as I was suddenly lifted off the cold hard ground and choked on a gasp as I found myself staring into a pair of rage filled soulless black eyes, Illumi!

               Was he angry with me too? I'd rather be tortured by Milluki even if he killed me, I couldn't bear to be tortured by Illumi. There must have been terror revealed on my face as Illumi tenderly swept my long colorless hair out of my face, his gaze softening.

               "It's okay."

               I crumpled against him with a choked sob as I realized he wasn't angry with me. He cradled me gently in his arms and carried me from the torture chamber. We stepped through the dungeon like hall and I stared in awe, every single door in the dungeon had been ripped from its hinges in his desperate search to find me. Had he been worried about me?

               "Aniki!" Milluki's whiny voice shouted from the opposite end of the hall and I felt my heart skip a beat as Illumi tensed and a dark rage unlike any I'd ever seen before clouded his face. A strange aura shrouded us and I suddenly felt as if I were suffocating as the heavy aura swarmed us.

               Illumi's hair fluttered in the dark aura and I felt my heart stop as I stared at his face in horror. He was terrifying and I suddenly feared for my life. "Illumi-sama." I squeaked helplessly trying not to succumb to the aura threatening to suffocate me.

               The darkness began to fade away as he looked down at me. His gaze softened and my heart began to race sporadically as he adjusted his grip on me cradling me against him, hugging me close. "Sorry."

               Did he just apologize?! The only rational explanation I had was that Milluki had killed me and for some reason this was what I got to see in death.

               I could hear Milluki's heavy footfalls as he ran toward us and gasped as Illumi managed to cradle me against him with one arm and reach out catching Milluki by the neck with his other hand without casting him so much as a second glance as he effortlessly lifted him off the ground by his throat.

               "Illumi-sama?" I panicked. It was taboo to kill a family member.

               Milluki struggled futilely, his face turning an unnatural shade of blue. Illumi was going to kill him!

               "Illumi-sama!" I tried again grabbing ahold of the front of his shirt with my chained hands, "It's against the rules to kill family."