X Chapter Six X

Syn- Age 12

Illumi- Age 16

Killua- 4

I woke feeling like I'd gotten laid out by a sumo wrestler. My entire body ached and my insides felt all knotted and unpleasant. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust, I was in my bedroom, though there were some slightly new decorations littering the various surfaces of my room. My desk, dresser, and nightstands were littered with various vases filled with flowers, most looked fresh, but there were a few vases where the flowers had started to wither. How long had I been unconscious?

I looked down as I felt something heavy lying across my arm and legs. Alluka was lying across my legs sound asleep and Killua was nestled on the bed on my side with his head resting on my arm. I smiled as I reached over with my free hand to smooth back his unruly silvery white hair.

My bedroom door opened and my heart stuttered in my chest as I spotted Illumi holding a vase of pure white flowers in one hand and a crying Kalluto in the other. His soulless dark eyes fell on me and he gently set the toddler in his arms on the side of my bed before going to place the vase of flowers on an empty spot on my dresser.

"Nee-sama!" Kalluto cried as he attempted to throw his tiny arms around me, his beautiful sparkling magenta eyes filled with tears. It was rare to see Kalluto not attached to his mother, which meant Kikyo was probably confined to her room.

"Kallu-chan." My voice was a little raspy and it kind of hurt to talk.

Kalluto nestled into the bed on my other side and I couldn't help but smile as I found myself surrounded by the three youngest Zoldyck children. I'd grown to love all three over the years. It wasn't long before the youngest was sound asleep at my side and I turned my gaze to the eldest Zoldyck son who was currently leaning against my dresser regarding me with faint interest.

"Thank you, Illumi-sama."

"Hm?"

"For saving me."

Illumi shrugged.

"And thank you for the flowers."

"It was them." He motioned to the three youngest Zoldyck's.

"How long was I out?" I asked him curiously.

"Twenty days." It was the longest conversation we'd ever had. Illumi scooped up a vase with withering flowers and took his leave of the room deciding I was alright with my present company.

Once he was gone, Killua opened his piercing blue eyes and smiled when he saw that I was awake. "Are you okay, nee-sama?"

"I think so. Sorry for worrying you." I smiled, "Thank you for getting to Illumi-sama in time."

Killua frowned. "Aniki was angry."

"Illumi-sama?"

He nodded, "I've never seen aniki angry before."

I wasn't entirely sure Illumi was capable of feeling anger. "Who was he angry at?"

"Mama." Killua blanched as if remembering something unpleasant. "I was scared." He admitted softly.

"Illumi-sama would never do anything to hurt you." I kissed the top of his head.

"Nee-sama?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you address aniki like that?" Killua pondered.

"Hm. I guess I never really thought of it before, it just sort of happened and I kind of stuck with it, but I suppose it's out of respect. He's taught me a lot and I'm very grateful for that."

"Well I guess this explains why Illumi is no longer destroying things and I have several frantic butlers crying about missing children." Zeno chuckled from the doorway.

"Ojii-san." I smiled and Zeno shook his head, he was still irked that I wouldn't call him Jiji or Jii-chan like his grandchildren.

"Kil. Syn will be fine now, go train." Zeno nodded to the four-year-old at my side.

Killua reluctantly got up from my bed, "Can I visit later, nee-sama?" He asked.

"Of course." I ruffled his hair affectionately, "Thanks for saving me, Kil-chan."

Killua smiled bashfully before flitting out of the room in the blink of an eye. At four years old, he'd already surpassed most skilled adults with his physical strength and speed, he would truly be a force to be reckoned with, when he was older.

Zeno pulled up a chair to the side of my bed before sitting down. His gaze flit to the toddler strewn across my legs. "There's been a development with Alluka." He noted gauging me for a reaction, I gave him none.

"What do you mean?"

"There was an incident."

"She appears to be fine." I noted as I looked to the sleeping toddler currently slobbering on my knees and shook my head holding back a laugh.

"I wanted to let you know since you're quite fond of all the children, Killua and Alluka especially." He said softly and his eyes dulled. "Silva thinks it's for the best, after the incident that Alluka is confined to her room with only supervised visits."

"She's not even a child yet! She's practically a baby, not a prisoner!" I snarled and Zeno held up his hand to halt my tirade.

"I thought it would be best you hear it from me, rather than Silva when he eventually comes in here and has her sent away." Zeno lightly pat me on the arm before getting to his feet.

"No one can keep me from her." I noted solemnly causing him to smile.

"Good. She likes your singing." Zeno winked before heading for the door.

Video- You Don't Know By Katelyn Tarver