T W E N T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." He said and picked her up, laying her down and cleaning up her apartment.

Mia walked into the house, and she heard Elijah's voice.

"Right now you're the most important person in this family, you need a good home." He told Hayley and Mia rolled her eyes.

"I beg to differ." She said walking into the room and speeding towards Hayley, "I knew you were a tramp from the start. This baby will be born, and after you'll be dead." Mia threatened and Elijah grabbed her arm.

"Enough Mia." He said and Mia yanked his arm away, "I'm sorry." Hayley said and Mia spit.

"I have OCD, I'll get this place up and running. I intend to help out with the kid, only because like Elijah said over the phone it could be good for us." Mia said.

"How are you apart of their family." Hayley asked and Mia shrugged, "They kind of adopted me after we ran away together."

"Aside from that, Mia has been with us from the start. If anything she is just a Mikaelson as I am." Elijah said and brought the girl in for a hug.

"Thank you for coming." He said kissing her forehead and Mia nodded, "Family above all." She mumbled and turned back to Hayley.

"I'm mad at you for sleeping with Nik, but it takes two to make a kid. Consider yourself lucky, my wrath is split in two." Mia said and helped Elijah clean.

"Has anyone asked you how you're feeling?" Elijah asked Hayley who shook her head.

"I've never really had a good parent. I don't know who my real parents are, and my adoptive parents kicked me out the first time I turned. So I don't really know how to be a mother..." Hayley said and Mia stopped cleaning.

You're an idiot, Mia thought. Why can't you hate her?

"I'll always protect you." Elijah said, "You have my word on that."

Klaus leaned on the doorframe, "And the noble Elijah always keeps his word."

Klaus' faces softened, "Mia..."

"I'm not here for you, I'm here because Elijah asked me to be here." Mia said and tried to get past him hit he blocked the way.

"You two need to stop! I'm tired of having to be in the middle of this." Elijah said and Mia said nothing.

"I would want nothing more, than the love of my life to be in the same room as me without looking at me with disappointment ." Klaus said and Mia set the box of things down.

"Move or I will snap your neck." She threanted and Klaus stood tall, crossing his arm.

"Not until you forgive me."

Mia scoffed looking at him in disbelief, "If only those stupid daggers worked on you." She said and broke a lamp, speeding towards him and sending them both down the hallway.

Mia was straddling him with the wooden stake in her hand. "I'm sorry Mia, I'll never stop saying it until you forgive me!" Klaus said flipping them over.

"We have to stay out of this one." Elijah told Hayley and went back to removing the covers off the furniture.

"So what if i forgive you, i won't ever-" Mia said but was cut off when Klaus leaned down to kiss her.

"Our love is stronger than this Mia. I know you want to forgive me, I see it in your eyes." Klaus whispered and Mia closed her eyes.

"I want nothing more than to be with you as we were..." Mia admitted quietly.