Seriously?

"Tori call me whenever you get this we need to talk." Troy says in my voicemail. I drove to my best friend's house. I had to tell someone so I can get all these feelings off my chest. I knock on the door.

"Tori what's up?" He asks opening the door wider.

"Is this a wrong time?" I giggle since he's only half dressed.

"Not at all. Now you still ain't answer my question." He says as he sits next to me on the couch.

"Remember how I told you my mom got in a bad accident today?" He nods. "She lost a lot of blood and they needed a relative who had the same blood type." I say.

"So you gave your mom blood and helped her out. What's wrong with that?" He asks looking in my eyes.

"No I couldn't give her blood. I'm not a relative. Drew I'm adopted." I tell him.

"Tori.. I-I'm sorry. You know I got you though." He says holding me.

"I don't understand. I mean everyone tells me my "mom" and "brother" look alike. How can I be adopted. Why didn't they just tell me, I'm 17 going on 18 soon." I sigh wiping away a few tears that fell.

"Listen. Like you said you're almost 18 we can find your real mom if that will help you, but for now you have to talk to the family you've grown up with." He tells me.

"But Drew. I can't. I'm a fucking outcast now." I say covering my face.

"Hold on. What did I say about cursing, calm down. Now you have to, if it makes a difference I'll come with you." I nod.

"I'm sorry they just had me mad and sad. Everything is a lie. I might not even be Tori Brianna Wilks. This isn't me, it's not MY life."

"Look at this way. If you never got adopted we wouldn't be best friends. Tori Brianna Wilks is my best friend, I don't care what situation and she always will be. So suck all this shit up and show this niggas how tough you are." He says getting up.

"You're right. I'll call Troy back." I say getting up and pulling my phone out.

"Hello?" Troy picks up.

"Hey." I say the phone.

"Are you ready to talk to us? Mom's better she got the blood she needed." He tells me.

"Yeah, but if I come I'm bringing Drew with me." I say looking at Drew.

"As long as you come I'm fine with it." Troy says.

"Alright we're on the way." I say and hang up.

"You ready?" Drew asks me.

"Ready then I'll ever be." I say as we walk out.

-

-

-

-

"I don't think I can do this." I tell Drew. I start walking out the hospital.

"No come on Tori you might get something good out of this." He tells me.

"Fine." I say and drag my feet to the desk.

"Yes." The nurse says without looking up.

"Um I'm looking for Tasha Wilks again." I sigh.

"Oh yes. She's in room 36 baby girl." She tells me.

"Thanks." Drew and I go in the room.

"Tori. Drew." My mom, no the lady who I call my mom says to us.

"You guys are acting like I didn't find out." I say annoyed.

"Look Tori. It's not even like that. You needed a place to live and your mom didn't have money so I gave her help. But then when I took you in it felt like you were my own and I renamed you and look how wonderful you grew up to be. She's no good, she's just like any hoodrat." She says looking in my eyes.

"Where's MY mother?" I say raising my voice a little.

"Troy.." She trails off.

"Your mom was 15 when she had you. So she's still young and she's doing better. She's a drug lord Tori.." He trails off.

"Hold on. You guys make it seem like we are a perfect black family. Let me stop acting proper and act how we grew the fuck up. We ain't better then drug lords and I'm sure as hell ain't ashamed that my mother is a drug lord. I'm ashamed that my so called family is speaking about a mother I didn't even meet yet." I yell. Troy clears his throat.

"Troy whatever the fuck you have to say save it cause I bet your mother doesn't know you move that dope." I say making Tasha's eyes widen in surprise.

"Tori calm down." Drew tells me.

"No. And you know what.. I'm moving out. By tonight you guys won't see me." I say and walk out the room door with Drew.

"You sure about this?" He asks.

"Yup. Drew I told you I get fast money." I whisper as we walk out the hospital.

"Doing what?" He asks.

"Doing what's in my blood I guess." I shrug as we get in the car.