"You know now that I think of it I can walk to my place, it's not that far" I said with a nervous laugh as I slowly turned around before quickly walking out of the place. I sighed and took out my phone, turning on the GPS. My parents had helped me buy an apartment by chipping in some money. It wasn't the best place to be honest, quite small and in a part of town where bars were almost on every end of the streets, but it was a start. I followed the blue arrow on my phone, it would take me about 20 minutes to walk there which wasn't that bad, besides the fact that it was blazing hot and I didn't walk. Let alone leave my couch. Fast forward the boring walk and voila. There in front of me was a cute little place, bit run down. I got out my key and went inside, screaming loudly as I came face to face with a spider dangling from its web in the doorway. I used a stick to kill the sucker before throwing it outside and running in, shivering in disgust. I went into the bedroom and placed all my bags down, stripping off my clothes as I sighed in relief. It was nice to live alone, just lay in my under garments and enjoy the central air of the house.

"I flip the switch on the generator, so I can turn you on. You better get to kno-"

I quickly answered my phone after the loud ringtone scared me to a near death. I heard my mother's voice at the other end, telling me she was heading to bed and hoping I had a safe slight. It was weird knowing my early mornings were her late nights. After I clicked end on the phone call, I got dressed into some clothing more appropriate to the Aussie weather. Some jeans shorts and a tank top. I put my hair up and decided I would unpack later; I wanted to find out what was around my new home.

Walking outside, I went down the sidewalk, walking about a block over. I had already passed a club and two bars, shocker. I guess I was in a more drunk part of town which would explain the cheap rent. I suddenly stopped as I saw a gym next to an upper-class bar.

'Pole dancing classes 12-3 & 4-7 every Tuesday and Friday'

Huh. Sounded quite fun. I had always found it amusing, not the stripper part. But the fact of how much body strength went into those pole dancing classes. I took down the flyer and continued walking. Why not? Maybe it would be fun, and if it was too much I could always quit. Today was Thursday which meant I could start tomorrow; of course I would choose the 4-7 class because we all know I don't function before noon anyways. After my trip around town I had decided to make my way back to my new place, starting to unzip all the bags I had. I was in for a long night.

I had woken up extremely late, 3:49. I was so jet-lag and it took everything I had to roll out of bed. I checked my phone and nearly face planted as I jumped up, realizing the class was at 4. What do you wear to a pole dancing class? Lingerie? Workout clothes? I was going for the second option by far. I slipped into yoga shorts and an old Ramones t-shirt with holes in it, it belonged to my father. It was quite an old shirt if you know what I mean. I grabbed my purse and ran out the door and down the street, barging into the gym out of breathe at 4:12. Every in the room looked at me confused. I held up a finger as I leaned in the doorway, breathing heavily. I really needed to work out more, example a of why I was here. I slowly shut the door and walked to the side of the room setting my bag down.

"Welcome, um. What is your name?" The instructor asked as some of the girls snickered in amusement.

"Genevieve. Eve for short" I said softly.

"Welcome to my class Eve, stand by an empty pole. We were just getting started." She spoke sweetly.

I walked over and stood there as she was in the front of the class, demonstrating some moves. She swung around the pole, stretching her legs over her head before sliding down. I gulped and the other girls started their movements and did it perfectly. I turned to my pole and took a deep breath.