Dancing

Day 20: Dancing

"I'm so bad at this," Diarmuid grumbled, "how am I supposed to go to the wedding like this?"

Arturia sighed, cupping his face and guiding it towards her. "It's okay, we just need to get basics and that's all."

"We've been practicing for weeks and I still haven't gotten the hang of it. I'm just going to embarrass myself in front of all the guests and I don't want Cú holding this against me for the rest of my life."

Arturia gave him a light slap on the shoulder and then took his hand to place it on her waist while she landed hers on his shoulder and then took his right hand. "One more time for today and well practice more tomorrow, what do you say?"

He nodded, as if he were a dog with its tail between its legs. "If you say so, my love," he mumbled.

Arturia signalled the teacher to play the music and they began their waltz.

Arturia was so experienced, her steps were smooth and light, she glided over the floor with grace and poise, her eyes closed as she listened to the music and let Diarmuid take the lead. She looked content with that small smile on her lips, with her cheeks dusted a little bit pink but not enough to be a vibrant blush. She looked beautiful to Diarmuid, well, she always did.

Diarmuid's steps, on the other hand, were sloppy and robotic, he continually would trip over Arturia's and sometimes step on them. He never had a problem with footwork on the battlefield, but dancing was a war of its own. His gaze barely left the floor if it wasn't for the fact that he found Arturia ever so captivating when she danced.

It was natural for Diarmuid to get much too distracted for his own good. He'd admit, he wasn't captivated easily before he met Arturia, something about her just made him gravitate towards her, causing his heart to swell in his chest.

"Diarmuid," she scolded as he stepped on her foot, "you weren't watching your feet."

It looked to him as if she'd lost her patience, after all this time he'd been messing up. Her lips were pursed in a straight and unamused line. She blinked in annoyance before she took her hands back and gave a defeated sigh. "You're distracted, again."

"I..." He forced himself to turn away, he didn't like it when she was mad at him.

"Let's just..." She breathed, trying not to sound too upset with him, "let's go home."

He tried to calm her by giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll try my best to focus tomorrow."

She huffed and nodded. "We have less than a week, you only need to focus for three minutes during our first dance."

"I won't mess that up, I promise you, honey. I'm just tired and I want to cuddle." He wasn't afraid that the teacher would hear them as the music was loud enough to mask his voice.

Arturia gave a playful roll of her ayes and nodded. "But don't get distracted again tomorrow."

"How could I not when I'm dancing with a goddess?"

Arturia shook her head and then gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll let it slip just this once."