Hanging out with friends

Day 9: Hanging out with friends

"I told you that the concert is in a week, had you forgotten?" Jeanne perked an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back on the wooden seat.

They were seated in a coffee shop, drinking a cup of tea while talking about school work and other semi-important things. The smell of coffee hung in the air with a sweet tinge of freshness. The snow fell outside of the window steadily and was a pretty sight to see from the comfort of the warm shop.

Arturia frowned, "It had slipped my mind. I was so certain in was in two weeks..."

"So, what are we going to do now?" Jeanne asked, tilting her head and letting the fake fur of the winter jacket brush her face.

Arturia shrugged. She lifted her earl grey and took a sip from it, stretching over the booth to grab whatever was left of Jeanne's powdered donut.

The Frenchwoman huffed, "You do realize that we had been planning this for ages and you happened to arrange a 'meet-the-parents' date on such a day? Arturia, you must move it to some other day. I can't go to the concert alone."

Arturia scarfed the piece of donut down her throat and coughed as she had not planned her move thoroughly and the powdered sugar bothered her. "Sorry," she wheezed before taking a sip of her tea again. She gave another cough, "I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure yet...but I'll talk to my father."

"Hm, hopefully he'll budge."

The door opened, and a gust of freezing wind burst through, filling the store with the icy winter air. Arturia turned to face the door, her eyes landing on her boyfriend and his best friend. He shook his head, ridding himself of the snowflakes on his hair. He stomped his feet and ran a hand through his hair, sniffling as he looked about. His eyes lit up when he spotted Arturia in the booth with Jeanne, heading over to them immediately, followed by the blue-haired young man.

"Hey, lassies," Cú smiled winking at the girls.

Diarmuid rolled his eyes and zipped down his fluffy black jacket and sat down next to Arturia. Giving her a kiss on the cheek, he greeted her and turned to Jeanne. "Hey, how did the test go?" He asked as Cú took his seat next to Jeanne.

"Yeah, how did that go?" Cú leaned towards her.

She sighed, "Well, it went alright...but I think I could have done better."

"Hey, hey, hey," Cú scolded, "no pessimism, young lady. Only good thoughts. You aced it, no need to say otherwise."

Jeanne nodded. "Okay."

"So, what were we going to do today?" Arturia asked, taking Diarmuid's hand in hers.

"Ah!" Cú grinned. "We are going to go Laser Tagging!"

"Laser Tagging?" Arturia asked, "I though we were going to the Aquarium..." She glanced over at Diarmuid, a frown on her lips.

"I tried..." Diarmuid whispered, returning the frown.

"No, Diarmuid told me you wanted the aquarium but that's lame. We need to destress, to let all that anger out and what better way than to go Laser Tagging!"

Jeanne sighed, "But we went last week... Couldn't we do something else this week?"

"Then," Cú turned towards her, "princess, what would you like to do?" He asked, smiling at her with his brightest smile and giving her a wink.

"Well," she tapped her chin, "could we play board games? There's a board game café nearby and I've been dying to play Monopoly or something. Plus, it'll give us bonding time!"

"Yes!" Arturia agreed, "I would rather not go laser tagging today, I have a slight headache and those lights make me dizzy. Plus, there's food in a café, sooo..."

"If my princess wants to play board games, then we shall." Cú stood from the table, offering a hand to Jeanne.

"Cú, you shouldn't flirt with someone else's girlfriend," Diarmuid frowned.

Jeanne took the hand, "Siegfried will be alright. This is Cú's normal self, I'm no longer bothered by it."

Diarmuid stood as well, helping Arturia out of the booth. "Speaking of which, how's he doing in Germany?"

"He's studying hard, and he also got a part-time, so he's doing very good." She spoke, and she put on her fluffy brown hat. "And, as always, he misses me."

"Okay! I think we should get going before it gets late!" Cú wrapped an arm around Jeanne's shoulder and pulled her along towards the door while Diarmuid helped Arturia prepare for the harsh weather outside of the warm coffee shop.

They stepped out into the snowy afternoon, the cold wind biting their noses and cheeks while the warm air escaped from the open door of their favourite café. They trudged through the accumulating snow on the sidewalk, talking about university and whatever else they had thought about.

"Oh! Oh!" Jeanne grinned, "Can we stop by the park? I want to make a snow angle!"

"Of course, my princess," Cú whistled and they soon stop by the park that was on the way. Children ran about in the snow, enjoying their day off.

The young adults trudged further into the snowy field until they settled on a spot for Jeanne's snow angles. The fresh snow piled into heaps over the small hill, shining in the light of the afternoon sun and blowing gently in the soft breeze.

"How many angles are you planning on making?" Arturia asked, regretting not having brought winter boots with her instead of sneakers.

Jeanne landed a gloved hand on her cheek. "Let's see," she hummed, "I want an army!"

Diarmuid laughed, looking down at Arturia's shocked expression. He kissed her head and pulled her deeper into the snowy hill. "We should join her," he suggested with his bright smile.

Arturia sighed in defeat and nodded, she had to admit that it sounded like fun and of course she should have expected something like that from Jeanne. She would go on and on about an army of Angles.

Thus, began the ridiculousness of the four adults as they ran about in the snow, falling into the cushion of snowflakes and swinging their arms and legs, only to stand up and run around even more, making as many snow angles they could. Their laughs filled the park as they called out to each other, throwing snowballs and every so often pushing a snowball in hopes of making a snowman.

Oh, how they loved snow days.