With Animal Ears...

Day 10: With animal ears

Diarmuid tilted his head. He frowned, "And you wish for us to try those on?" He asked his young mistress.

She nodded her head with enthusiasm, her straight white hair tangling with every nod. "Of course! You two would look adorable, right Shirou?" She looked over her shoulder at her brother.

Shirou blushed, "Ah-wha-why do you ask me?" He groaned and looked away from the pretty blonde who watched him with curiosity.

"Onii-chan denies it, but he was the one that came up with the idea! He said Artie-san would look cute with cat ears!" Illyasviel grinned, clapping her hands together and grabbing the cat ear headband from the table next to her.

"H-hey! I never said that!" The little boy was beet red by this point, his blush had spread towards his ears and he clenched his hands into fists.

"Understood." Arturia nodded, her tone as cold as ever.

Diarmuid gave a small laugh. "Well, I would have to agree with the young master. If I may be so bold, I also think that the lady Arturia would look charming."

The boy narrowed his gaze at Diarmuid, puffing his cheeks. "I told you I never said that! Illya is making up lies!"

The man brought a hand to his chest. "My sincerest apologies, young master."

"Yeah! You better be sorry," Shirou, in all his ten-year-old haughtiness, crossed his arms over his chest and scoffed.

"If my young mistress so wishes, I will sport the headpiece." Arturia bent down so that the little girl could place upon her head the headband. Once the golden ears were on her head, the woman stood proud, with a look of victory on her face.

"Aw! It suits you, Artie-san!" Illyasviel giggled, covering her mouth with a chubby hand. "Doesn't she look cute Dia?"

Diarmuid looked at Arturia, a smile stretching his lips. Her green eyes looked at him through growing golden bangs, her lips in a straight line and the animal ears perched on her head. "The lady Arturia looks adorable," he said, lifting his hand and brushing her cheek, pushing her hair away from her face.

Arturia blinked, a blush growing on her cheeks. She cleared her throat. "It is you turn, Lancer," she coughed.

"Yeah!" Shirou frowned. It was no secret that they little boy liked Arturia. In fact, Illya and Diarmuid could tell when he constantly brought Arturia flowers from the garden, but Arturia was still very oblivious of the matter—or so they thought.

"Yes, of course," he spoke as he bent down towards the little white-haired girl. She hurried to the table, her hand reaching over it and grabbing the headband. Then, she ran to him and slowly placed it on his head.

Once he stood, Arturia covered her mouth, trying to hide the laughs that seemed to surface.

"Do I look that ridiculous?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow and tilting his head. Arturia barely laughed, she was always so stoic and emotionless, so when she laughed, it had to be something entertaining.

She laughed more, encouraging both Illya and Shirou to laugh along with her.

Diarmuid frowned. "What do you find so funny?"

"You truly embody a hound. It very much suits you, Lancer. In fact, it suits you a little too much, it is a slight bit frightening." Her laughs died down and she gave a short cough before finding her composure.

"Well," he growled, "I will give you ten seconds, lady Arturia."

"What for?" She asked, lifting a brow.

He smirked, "Hounds like me chase cats like you, my king."

Her eyes glinted. "Is that a challenge, dear knight?"

Diarmuid shrugged. "If my king so wishes."

Arturia fixed the ears on her head and took a deep breath. "I need no head start." She gave a smile and ran off, only to be followed by Diarmuid.

Illyasviel giggled, "I love these cute otp moments."

Shirou frowned. "I'll have you know that Artie will fall for me when I grow up! Lancer and Artie are my notp!"

Illya scoffed, "Yeah, right. Keep dreaming!"