On a Date

Day 4: On a Date (or rather, about to be on a Date...)

Arturia gave a sigh, she was not certain is the blue dress looked good on her. Of course, Jeanne had helped her pick it out and Jeanne had even helped her with makeup and hair. Since they were best friends, they got ready together.

The shorter blonde looked at herself in the mirror, a frown on her lips, "I swear I look ridiculous." Rubbing the back of her neck, she sighed again, plopping down on the iris print bed.

Jeanne groaned, "Oh, goodness," she rolled violet eyes, "You look splendid, now, turn that frown upside down and let's go downstairs."

"You, Jeanne, sound just like my grandmother."

Jeanne furrowed her brows, "But—" she stopped, "Never mind that." She shook her head rapidly, "It's good I sound sophisticated."

Arturia blinked, following Jeanne out of the room and down the then and steep staircase of Jeanne's house. The light bulb that lit up that staircase was flickering, occasionally flooding the room with darkness momentarily.

"I always forget to change that thing." Jeanne hummed, pushing her long hair out of the way, a beautiful royal purple gown following her steps.

"Woah!" Arturia heard someone call, "You girls are looking spiffy." It was Jeanne's eldest brother who happened to pass by at the exact minute they reached the bottom of the steps, "First time I see lil' Artie all dolled up."

Jeanne looked ep, searching through her mind to check if he was right, "Jaquemin," she gave him a short glare, "I'm sure you've seen her with makeup before."

The man laughed, his chest rumbling with every chuckle, "So when do your dates get here?"

"Oh tell me that Cu isn't coming in here. I won't allow it." Jean had popped out from the kitchen, brown eyes rolling, "By the way, Jeannie, you need to change that light bulb."

Jaques laughed again, ruffling his brother's hair, "Let the girl have her fun, it's prom night!"

The door bell immediately caused Jeanne to panic and Arturia's stomach to twist. The Violet eyed girl fixed her dress, pulling her hair to one side and took a deep breath while Arturia followed behind, butterflies setting her stomach on fire.

"Now, girls," Jeanne's father came into view behind the two blond boys, "I'll answer the door." He strode towards the white door after the girls stopped in their tracks. He placed on his intimidating face and gave a soft blink.

Pulling the door open, he revealed two young men in suits. The one that had knocked wore a navy-blue suit, fitting to him and matching his shiny blue hair, his red eyes beaming with joy. The following boy looked to be a courteous one, shy too. Messy dark curls were pushed back with gel, a single curl springing forward. He was handsome and Jeanne's father wished that was her date.

"Hello Mister d'Arc, I was hoping we could meet the girls." The red-eyed boy did not look at all promising, more of a flirt, really.

Jeanne's father grimaced, brows furrowing. He scanned the boy in front of him again and then proceeded to stepping aside, allowing them to enter. The more the seconds leaked by, the more Jacques saw of the blue-haired boy, the more he disliked him. There was no way his daughter would have chosen him—that had to be Arturia's date.

The dark-haired boy gave a smile, thanking the middle-aged man for allowing them entrance. It wasn't long before amber eyes landed on their date—Which to Jacques dismay was Arturia. The young Irish man was dumbfounded to say the least. His smile wavered but in a good way.

Arturia herself was silent after seeing Diarmuid. He looked handsome in a clean cut fitted suit. It was somewhat refreshing to see him in something formal as he was usually in sportive clothing. She felt butterflies in her stomach just as he reached her, a smile on his lips.

"Wow." It was all he could say. Now that he was closer to her, he could see the light sparkles from her makeup on her cheeks, her eyes seeming a fraction of a size bigger from the carefully applied eyeliner. Her lips were a light pink, which suited her greatly. Her neck was exposed, much more than he had ever seen it. Soft skin smoothing over her collar bone.

"You look very handsome," she snapped him out of his trance, pulling him down to reality.

He gave a nervous chuckle, "Dresses suit you." He tried not to seem like an idiot, but it wasn't working.

"Ah, thank you," she gave a short nod. There was silence that bubbled up as he pulled out a corsage from a bump in his blazer.

"I, uhm," he fiddled with the plastic encasing, "I got you one of these." It was a blue corsage, which matched her dress as did his tie.

Arturia watched his take out the corsage. He had difficulty trying to figure out how it worked, but he managed to find the pin. Now came the real issue—pinning it on her without stabbing her.

The fear became a reality when he fumbled with the corsage over her chest, accidently poking her with the sharp pin. She flinched, taking a step back.

"I am so sorry," he apologized, not paying much attention over the fact that Cu got a purple hand corsage which caused no hassle and awkward situations.

"It's alright," she assured, offering to take the corsage off his hands and pinning it on herself.

He handed it to her without a single form of hesitation.

"Pictures!" Isabel called as she made it to the foyer, "I need to take picture of you girls before you leave!" She spoke, swinging a digital camera about, a small polaroid in her other hand.

The picture session began after Arturia had successfully—not stabbing her breast—pinned on the corsage. It seemed Isabel loved photo sessions; she must have taken a hundred; and that was not an exaggeration.

Finally pulling out the polaroid, Jeanne's mother declared this to be the last two pictures. She took one of Jeanne and Cu holding hands, a bright smile on both their faces.

"Arturia, smile," Isabel grinned as Diarmuid wrapped an arm around Arturia.

The girl had had enough of photos by this moment, but Diarmuid just wanted one las picture. He whispered a joke into Arturia's ear.

Not being able to contain her smile, her lips stretched wide, and just as she did, Diarmuid placed a gentle kiss to her temple. The light of the shutter filling the room.